Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am not sure if this is in the correct area but am after as much help and advice as I can get!

I am a newly qualified midwife with so far 2 months working experience here in the UK and have always wanted to emigrate to Australia, and due to personal circumstances have decided now is as good a time as any to move as there's not much keeping me here and not really enjoying my job.

I didn't really know where in Australia I wanted to go but some friends of mine are making the move shortly and will either be moving to Perth or Banbury so I figured this would be a good start as I'll have somebody I know making it a little easier to settle in, however not sure which would be better for me trying to find a job, from what I understand I'll need to find a job prior to going due to lack of experience, but also as a young single person too ( I'm not a busy city person but would like somewhere with a good social and night life?

I also wondered how it would work with finances as I don't currently have much saved and still live at home with parents?

I know there's a lot of questions but I'm just trying gather as much info as possible before I start putting everything in place so any help and advice would be very much appreciated as I don't know where to start

Thanks

Michala

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply ozchecks ive no idea where I start! I am 21, soon to be 22, so not sure what visa to get as I know midwives are sought after! With regards to the finances I just wondered what finances I would need in place before emigrating as I've heard you have to have so much in the bank before you move?!

Thanks

Michala

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah right I see, if I went for the working holiday visa can I then go on to apply for a permanent visa?

As much I would love to move quickly I think realistically I would be looking after August before I could think about moving so this hopefully will give me time to look into things and get sorted!

In terms I the location do you know much about Perth or the Bunbury area ... It's just my friends will be moving to either one of these so figure it's a good place to start

Thanks

Michala

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah right maybe the working holiday visa may be better, it's just the security of knowing you have a job to go to and an income I think especially with the lack of funds can't afford to not work when I arrive

That sounds great with the accommodation did you have your job in place an the accommodation prior to moving then?

Thanks

Michala

1 - 5 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.