Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am very very new to forums, and feeling my way a bit all round as I have just bought a holiday home on the Costa del Sol and want to refurbish a bathroom. I have heard all sorts of rip off stories and am trying to get an idea of prices, etc. Does anyone know what a Spanish Plumber would charge a day or hour and if I decide to also rewire the apartment and remove a wall internally - is it true I have to run this by the local council? I hope it is alright to 'post' this query here?

Help Zena

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I dont know all the legal "ins and outs" re walls being knocked down etc. I'm pretty sure that any electrical work carried out has to be done or at least signed off by a "qualified" electrician - altho some of the wiring done in properties I've seen here in Spain would make me question that lol!! From my own experience Spanish companies tend to be more reasonably priced and more thorough, but of course if you dont speak Spanish then you dont know what or who you're getting - altho the same could be said for expat companies. If you're property has neighbours or if you have any friends who live out here then personal reccomendation is possibly your best route.

Where abouts are you in the CdS, cos someone here may know someone or at least point you in the right direction????

Jo xxx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know all the legal "ins and outs" re walls being knocked down etc. I'm pretty sure that any electrical work carried out has to be done or at least signed off by a "qualified" electrician - altho some of the wiring done in properties I've seen here in Spain would make me question that lol!! From my own experience Spanish companies tend to be more reasonably priced and more thorough, but of course if you dont speak Spanish then you dont know what or who you're getting - altho the same could be said for expat companies. If you're property has neighbours or if you have any friends who live out here then personal reccomendation is possibly your best route.

Where abouts are you in the CdS, cos someone here may know someone or at least point you in the right direction????

Jo xxx
Hi Jo

I am in area of Los Boliches and I have been advised of a Spanish plumber but wondered what is price per day for skilled labour.

Zena

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Jo

I am in area of Los Boliches and I have been advised of a Spanish plumber but wondered what is price per day for skilled labour.

Zena
I personally would ask for a price for the total job, rather than an hourly rate - some of these guys can go vvvvveeeeerrrryy slowly! But you and he would need to know what it is you want fitted and where, so I guess you need to be looking at bathroom suites etc at the same time.

Jo xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.