Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a student studying in the UK. I've been here for three years, and we had our first child here two years ago. By that point my Masters' program visa expired and we went back to the states to all get a new visa for my doctoral program in the UK.

We just had another baby (4 months old) and we need to get a visa for her to stay in country now.

Its 550 pounds! for a baby. one tiny baby's visa. I'm shocked.

I'm posting on here to ask if anyone else had to deal with this situation and managed to not bankrupt themselves. Or am I out of luck, save flying back to the states, and getting it. (this option saves about 90 pounds), but I don;t exactly have the time!

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
So I'm a student studying in the UK. I've been here for three years, and we had our first child here two years ago. By that point my Masters' program visa expired and we went back to the states to all get a new visa for my doctoral program in the UK.

We just had another baby (4 months old) and we need to get a visa for her to stay in country now.

Its 550 pounds! for a baby. one tiny baby's visa. I'm shocked.

I'm posting on here to ask if anyone else had to deal with this situation and managed to not bankrupt themselves. Or am I out of luck, save flying back to the states, and getting it. (this option saves about 90 pounds), but I don;t exactly have the time!
Your baby doesn't need a visa (as dependant of Tier 4 adult student, presumably) until she is due to travel out of UK.
I know it's expensive. It would be less than half (£193) if you are renewing visa at the same time. A solo application by a dependant is £550.
But a baby is worth every penny though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.