Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anyone please highlight the overview of applying the passport process for a newborn to PR parents in Australia?

Basically a list with all the documents and the steps with time lines involved will be helpful. Also, where those have to be submitted.

Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Perhaps time to slow down, to follow the links and read the content.. It is all there on the passport office website.

To get an Australian citizenship certificate, you have to apply to the Department of Home Affairs

To answer your next unasked questions, you will need to provide a full, original Australian birth certificate issued by an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

The process for getting a full birth certificate varies by State but typically you can can request at the time you register the birth, or later if you did not do so at the time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps time to slow down, to follow the links and read the content.. It is all there on the passport office website.

To get an Australian citizenship certificate, you have to apply to the Department of Home Affairs

To answer your next unasked questions, you will need to provide a full, original Australian birth certificate issued by an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

The process for getting a full birth certificate varies by State but typically you can can request at the time you register the birth, or later if you did not do so at the time.
Hi thanks. Sorry for being bit fast.

I had a running look earlier. Birth certificate is in with me. Guranter part was ok too.

It was just the citizenship proof for newborn which was bit unknown so I specifically asked that. So I can login to my immi and apply for that?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi thanks. Sorry for being bit fast.

I had a running look earlier. Birth certificate is in with me. Guranter part was ok too.

It was just the citizenship proof for newborn which was bit unknown so I specifically asked that. So I can login to my immi and apply for that.
I am yet a PR and my purpose is to get evidence of newborn child citizenship to ultimately apply for newborn passport.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem... it can be easy to get lost in the forest of information.

Yes. You apply online via ImmiAccount.

Once you have the certificate in hand you can lodge the application for a passport at a Participating Australian Post outlet.
Thanks Again. So after going again through the links I have following questions wrt getting citizenship evidence for the newborn. ...
1. The parent will use his/her immiaccount and applicant name will be newborn . Is this correct?
2. While creating online application it's asks for national identity. What will be national identity for newborn in Australia? Can I say none as when I click on help then it doesn't list Australia? Or should I use birth certificate? I believe there is another section too where I am adding birth certificate details.
3. While giving birth certificate details should I add birth registration number OR certificate number?
4. Since the parent is creating application for newborn so in this case identity declaration document has to be only for newborn OR for parent as well? This is bit confusing. Since identity declaration form for applicant is asking to enter responsible parent details as well so Is it correct to say that I just need one form 1195 and that too for newborn only? Or even parent need to submit another form 1195.
5. Can we take the newborn pic ourselves OR is there any specific place for this?
6. In the identity declaration form 1195, ques 2 and 3 , the details of person making identity Declaration has to be someone other than parents?
If parent has to submit form 1195 too, then can same person declare their identity as well who declared for newborn?

Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Entering territory I am not familiar with.

Maybe call the department?

Telephone: 131 881

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

·
Registered
10 Posts
The procedure of applying for a newborn child's Australian passport is the same as applying for a newborn child's Australian passport for children under the age of 16.
Please follow these step:
Complete Form DS-11]
Provide evidence of U.S. Citizenship
Give evidence of relationship with the child
Identification Documents for Parents
Absence of one or both Parents
Provide 2 Passport Photos and Pay Fees.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The procedure of applying for a newborn child's Australian passport is the same as applying for a newborn child's Australian passport for children under the age of 16.
Please follow these step:
Complete Form DS-11]
Give evidence of relationship with the child
Identification Documents for Parents
Absence of one or both Parents
Provide 2 Passport Photos and Pay Fees.
Hi. Can you reply to my previous post questions wrt obtaining evidence of citizenship ?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Complete Form DS-11]
Perhaps actually read the both the thread and the content you are linking to before blindly copying and pasting from a google search which you clearly entered incorrectly.

While many people joke that Australia is the 51st state of the United States, DS-11 will be of no benefit to someone trying to apply for an Australian passport, nor will evidence of US citizenship.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts