Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello to all,
I am visiting a friend of mine in Macabebe in January 2016.
Also considering moving there within 2016 if it makes sense.
I realize it's a very rural and somewhat undeveloped place and wondering if anyone can share any experiences from being in that area.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
hello to all.
I am visiting a friend of mine in Macabebe in January 2016.
Also considering moving there within 2016 if it makes sense.
I realize it's a very rural and somewhat undeveloped place and wondering if anyone can share any experiences from being in that area.
Thank you in advance.
Welcome...i dont know that place,what island?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Had to check Google myself. It's a network of creeks and swamp in running into Manila Bay South of San Fernando.....(the one near Angeles).

Sorry mate, have no idea about the place though some of the people who reside around Angeles may be able to help.
Not too far from me and i never heard of it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It looks very rural but you are not far from several major centres including Manila. The nearest mall is probably San Fernando SM. You're also not far from the NLEX etc so getting around shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the fast response.
My friend from there has shown me photos and it mainly a farming and fishing community.
I will keep doing my research and study up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the additional comments and replies.
I have heard of the flooding and rainy season...(I guess that's what makes it green)
My friend's family owns shrimp and crab "farms", so I'm interested in seeing these and learning more.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Thank you all for the additional comments and replies.
I have heard of the flooding and rainy season...(I guess that's what makes it green)
My friend's family owns shrimp and crab "farms", so I'm interested in seeing these and learning more.
Thanks again.
Nomad,

Seems like I've seen an off-ramp for Macabebe when traveling to Manila on the (NLEX) expressway. Never been over that way so if you do make a trip there, be sure to take some photos and share them here.

Jet Lag..

Reactions: nomad4eternity

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Macabebe Pix

I found these images on Google images.
If they really aren't in Macabebe, I wouldn't know...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts