Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kaz101 
#1 ·
Hi everyone :). I am new to this forum, just looking for some advice really on making an application to emigrate. I have already completed one of those online freebies and it's saying a big fat no lol. I am surprised my husband's occupation is not listed as he is a Fireman! I have a cousin in Oz who is a citizen. Is there any hope for me at all? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Look forward to any replies.

#2 · (Edited)
Hi KS1978,

Welcome to the forum.

Which online freebie did you try? Was it the one on the DIAC site? If not there is a link to the DIAC visa wizard from the 'PLEASE READ....' post but that only does the most common visas.

Personally I would have a chat to a few agents. The first two agents I spoke to when we started looking said no chance, and then the third said yes. First consultations are usually free and if you do a search you'll find posts where some agents have been recommended and we also have agents on the forum such as SOMV who keeps us updated regularly and Alan Collett. They can be contacted through the links in their signature.

Regards,
Karen

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, you might find this thread on another forum interesting:

[link removed by moderator since it's competing forum ]

Like you said, looks they they don't recruit from overseas.

Do you or your hubby have any other marketable skills? One option is to possible go there on student visa, and learn a new skill/trade, which could potentially lead to permanent migration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.