Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in US born and raised here though I want to be an expat. I am currently in Florida if there are any expats there who would like to take this newbie and mentor me all about being an expat I would be so greatly appreciative. I have never been out of the states and feel it is high time I am! There is so much more to see and experience and no time to waste. I would not also mind meeting expats from everywhere you can tell me of your travels, educate me about the expat way of life and maybe we can meet up somewhere in our travels. I love meeting interesting others and learning.:clap2::ranger: I am tired of researching about expat I wanna be living it!

S

·
0 Posts
I am in US born and raised here though I want to be an expat. I am currently in Florida if there are any expats there who would like to take this newbie and mentor me all about being an expat I would be so greatly appreciative. I have never been out of the states and feel it is high time I am! There is so much more to see and experience and no time to waste. I would not also mind meeting expats from everywhere you can tell me of your travels, educate me about the expat way of life and maybe we can meet up somewhere in our travels. I love meeting interesting others and learning.:clap2::ranger: I am tired of researching about expat I wanna be living it!
How old are you?

Where would you like to go?

Do you have skills or qualifications?

·
Banned
74 Posts
I think it's important to say what are your main interests and desires.

If the climate, quality of life, cost of living, food are important factors that you should think considering the possibility of Portugal.

The area where I live has a fantastic climate for a European country and a spectacular natural beauty, is embedded in the larger patch of pine from Europe.

But given the economic circumstances of the country is having a good income from abroad, or to think of a business on their own for example in tourism, but IT or COM possibility of trade with foreign countries. If looking for a job will not be easy to find him.

However I believe that is one of the best countries in the world to live with the inconvenience of high unemployment that the country possesses.

/SNIP/
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am 49, I have background in clerical, graphic/web designer, I am a portrait and fine artist and published author. Where to go preferably somewhere with a lower cost of living than the USA. I do have a record though it was years ago I have a DUI, Flee to Elude and a battery (had a rough younger years of life, what can I say. So I probably need to be going to countries that are easier to get in. I love researching and writing so travel writing would be great as well as selling my art everywhere so doing large art events would also be great. I have checked into teaching English as well. My children are grown and its just me so I want to travel and live life to the fullest, its my time now and I got nothing to hold me back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have background in clerical, web/graphic design, portrait and fine art. I am also a published author so anything along these lines are great. I currently freelance and can work from anywhere really. I prefer a place with lower cost of living than USA and still a good quality of life is always important to me, preferably a place with little drug or crime problems. I have a great appreciation for all sorts of food. I would love to meet expats here in the USA to kind ask questions of to learn from as well as just how to go about living life as an expat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BBCWatcher is right. If you insist on eating exactly what you ate at home, then this would be more expensive than eating exactly what the locals eat, and doing what the locals do. A comparison is often difficult to carry out exactly until you have lived in the new country and figured out what your expenses will be day to day. That's not overly helpful is it? Sorry, Pablo91 made a good point in that if you get your priorities straight it may help to finalise where you would like to go. Portugal isn't much good if you hate the sun but I agree it is a gorgeous place if you are a beach bunny!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts