Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... As the title suggests I am a newbie to this forum and a newbie to the possibility of applying for an oz visa.... At the moment everything seems very daunting so any advice, information or tips would be very very grateful... So my story...

Me and my future husband (3months till we get married) Are looking at relocating to Adelaide from the uk. We have one daughter (at the moment, as u never know!!) and he is a self employed plumber who has over 18 years experience in this country... I understand that being self employed means that u have to provide a lot more paperwork and we can provide a full set of accounts for the business since it began 8 years ago.. My qualifications don't come under the skills list so we couldn't go that route. He is considering using his plumbing qualifications to get access to oz, working in that trade for a while and then perhaps re training as he is also a qualified electrician (can't use that route due to not working as one).

What I'm wanting to know is where do we start... I keep getting confused by various bits of info... I know he has to do a trade assessment and get a white card (not sure what this is) we know he can't get a full license as he needs 2 years in the job in oz before that's granted (I think, is this true) but can he get the license in the uk that will allow him to get a job for when we get out there cause he wants to get straight into a job if possible (we will have savings to live on for a bit).

How do u know if u can get state sponsored?? What is the difference between that and doing an individual visa app...

I think I've wrote enough of an essay for now... We really are right at the beginning of our journey and there is so much info out there...

Thank u

Mich :))

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.