Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have not introduced to the forum as I have just joined, my name is garrett and I moved from london to Peru 2 years ago. originally from ireland i moved to peru to be with my son now a year and a half.

I live in the north on the beack near a surf town called Mancora. peru is cheap equal to equador bu where i live is not a city by any strech of the imagination. in Lima or the main cities of peru all your requirements are available , nite life , healthcare, beach mountains etc.. further out you reduce the list somewhat but in my opinion increase the quality of life. empty clean beaches fresh cheap seafood and fruit and vegtables and laidback helpful neighbours, as a ''****** I pay a premiumn rate which, if i have the energy and patience i can barter down but it is still cheap, two people can easily live on £1000 a month and live well.

The Peruvian Culture has it's odities in both its people's differences and how the system works. I pay my local police their 'bonus' in chocolate chip cookies( i refuse to pay bribes in cash. so a pack of cookies must be a good brand! once a week when stopped by police and a friendly chat works wonders.) you just need to adjust your reality dials when it comes to dealing with public officials all very nice but low level corruption is the way things work.

need any more info drop me a line

Cheers

Garrett

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Cookies

Hi all,

I have not introduced to the forum as I have just joined, my name is garrett and I moved from london to Peru 2 years ago. originally from ireland i moved to peru to be with my son now a year and a half.

I live in the north on the beack near a surf town called Mancora. peru is cheap equal to equador bu where i live is not a city by any strech of the imagination. in Lima or the main cities of peru all your requirements are available , nite life , healthcare, beach mountains etc.. further out you reduce the list somewhat but in my opinion increase the quality of life. empty clean beaches fresh cheap seafood and fruit and vegtables and laidback helpful neighbours, as a ''****** I pay a premiumn rate which, if i have the energy and patience i can barter down but it is still cheap, two people can easily live on £1000 a month and live well.

The Peruvian Culture has it's odities in both its people's differences and how the system works. I pay my local police their 'bonus' in chocolate chip cookies( i refuse to pay bribes in cash. so a pack of cookies must be a good brand! once a week when stopped by police and a friendly chat works wonders.) you just need to adjust your reality dials when it comes to dealing with public officials all very nice but low level corruption is the way things work.

need any more info drop me a line

Cheers

Garrett
Hi Garrett,

Welcome to the site. Its good to have you here and we are looking forward to many stories from you there in Peru.
Your police corruption sounds a lot like here in the Philippines. I dont know if the police here would settle for a package of cookies though.

Hope you enjoy posting stories etc here. If you have any question just be sure to ask. We are all here to help.

Gene and Viol...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts