Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have never been to South Africa but I was offered an internship at a company that resides in Constantia.

My ethnicity is Asian and I have no idea about South Africa except for all the media scares.

Is Constantia a safe region or should i be worried?

I am thinking about staying there about 6 months

and also would my race be an issue? Again, I have no idea how Asians are viewed in South Africa.

Thanks~

·
Registered
141 Posts
My aunt lives nearby, she has stayed there for 25 years, shes never locked her doors at night and takes the dogs for a walk at 10pm most days. She has never had any problems. Your race will not be of any issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
comming to south africa for six months

My aunt lives nearby, she has stayed there for 25 years, shes never locked her doors at night and takes the dogs for a walk at 10pm most days. She has never had any problems. Your race will not be of any issue.
Hello my wife and i are thinking of comming to South Africa for about six months next Ocyober. The obvious question,safety. We wish to stay antwhere on the garden route.Could you recomend somewhere where we will be safe from crime etc. we have been twice for holidays and wish to see a bit more of your lovely country. Many thanks Peter and Diana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts