Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I plan to arrive in the UK in the first week of July 2015, partly to coincide with the Ashes cricket ;)

I plan to work in the UK for 6 to 24 months, preferably in the investment/finance industry.

I am 35, too old for the 18-30 visa, so I recently applied for my Irish passport (eligible as parents born in Ireland). I have been advised that it takes 6-8 weeks to process the Irish passport.

This means I will almost certainly have to initially enter the UK using my Australian passport.

Would I be allowed to start working in the UK once I have my Irish passport number (and before I receive the physical passport)?

Will I need to temporarily leave the UK then re-enter the UK on my Irish passport?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi, A new employer almost always takes a copy of your passport to prove eligibility to work in the UK, so without it I'm not sure anyone would let you start working. I'm not sure if they would just except a passport number. How would they check it?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
No, you need the physical Irish passport.
You should ideally leave UK and re-enter with Irish passport, so that there is no record of your overstaying visit leave in UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.