Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

im soon to be expat in UAE. Looking forward to it.
I don know too many ppl in there and probably first coupla months will be sitting in the hotel so wanted to add some entrtainment.

I bought here new PS3 Slim 120gb but then found out voltage and NTSC and PAL differences between UAE and US. i know i ca still buy NTSC to PAL and voltage converter but that's just adding cost and weight to my luggage.

I wanted to ask you guys how much PS3 slim 120gb is in UAE now?
Should i just return this one and buy one from there, or should i drag mine with me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Hi guys,

im soon to be expat in UAE. Looking forward to it.
I don know too many ppl in there and probably first coupla months will be sitting in the hotel so wanted to add some entrtainment.

I bought here new PS3 Slim 120gb but then found out voltage and NTSC and PAL differences between UAE and US. i know i ca still buy NTSC to PAL and voltage converter but that's just adding cost and weight to my luggage.

I wanted to ask you guys how much PS3 slim 120gb is in UAE now?
Should i just return this one and buy one from there, or should i drag mine with me?

Thanks in advance.
Sup Broseph, it will be the same price over here so dont bother returning it. Also all ps3 games are region free so you can buy the games here and they will be the same as the games in the USA. The only thing is the games are a little more $ here. They are about 80$ for a new release title. And blu-ray movies are about the same price. Plugging it in willl be fine here too as you look on the power block you will see it handles 110-240.
Holler at me when you get in and we can do somthing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sup Broseph, it will be the same price over here so dont bother returning it. Also all ps3 games are region free so you can buy the games here and they will be the same as the games in the USA. The only thing is the games are a little more $ here. They are about 80$ for a new release title. And blu-ray movies are about the same price. Plugging it in willl be fine here too as you look on the power block you will see it handles 110-240.
Holler at me when you get in and we can do somthing.
Sounds good bro,

Yeah i fugred the voltage shudnt be a problem. The only thing im hoping the TV in the hotel will be both NTSC ans PAL compatible.

When it comes to games, im just gon get few used ones in here for 20-30.
That should keep me busy for a bit.

Ill def let you know when i get there.
I heard its very safe and theres still some room for fun.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Sounds good bro,

Yeah i fugred the voltage shudnt be a problem. The only thing im hoping the TV in the hotel will be both NTSC ans PAL compatible.

When it comes to games, im just gon get few used ones in here for 20-30.
That should keep me busy for a bit.

Ill def let you know when i get there.
I heard its very safe and theres still some room for fun.
yeah somtimes you can pick up new games that are a little bit older for 99aed which is divided by 3.67 and you get 26$. So you will stay busy.
Everything is really new here. You wont get a hotel room with some old analog crt TV, so no worries. It will be compatible.
Very safe, Its fantastic how safe it is here. Compared to the states.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah somtimes you can pick up new games that are a little bit older for 99aed which is divided by 3.67 and you get 26$. So you will stay busy.
Everything is really new here. You wont get a hotel room with some old analog crt TV, so no worries. It will be compatible.
Very safe, Its fantastic how safe it is here. Compared to the states.
Sounds good man,

i heard theres no clubbing/drinking scene, but in hotels only. Is that right?

And whats up with the beaches? Some dude told me if i wanna jump in only in my trunks, i have to go to hotel's private beach.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Sounds good man,

i heard theres no clubbing/drinking scene, but in hotels only. Is that right?

And whats up with the beaches? Some dude told me if i wanna jump in only in my trunks, i have to go to hotel's private beach.

The bar and clubing thing is absolutley correct.
And the beach thing is totally wrong. Check out my beach post a couple down, I posted some pictures in there. There are free beaches, pay beaches, hotel beaches, whatever. But you can wear what ever you want as long as you are not naked of course.
If you have any other questions about stuff you have heard and it makes you nervous just pm me. I will tell you straight up how it is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bar and clubing thing is absolutley correct.
And the beach thing is totally wrong. Check out my beach post a couple down, I posted some pictures in there. There are free beaches, pay beaches, hotel beaches, whatever. But you can wear what ever you want as long as you are not naked of course.
If you have any other questions about stuff you have heard and it makes you nervous just pm me. I will tell you straight up how it is.
Thanks, im glad to hear that u can relax on the beach.

What about clothing ? - i heard and read that its sky high expensive. Ppl keep saying bring smthing light but what about winter time, whats the weather like and what should i pack for that?

Also the car - im assuming i will be given some allowance for transportation, but one friend of mine told me having car would still be a major plus. So question is how much is the rental in there? and will i have to get driver license or my US license will do? im assuming buying car wont be cheap even if its 2000-2004 model.

·
Banned
598 Posts
yes clothing is exspensive.
Like Polo shirts 100$ here, where in the states you can get them for around 50$.
Winter here is high 80's low 90's and dip into the low 60's at night. So no winter clothes needed. Highest I saw it get this summer was 121f.
Yes having a car is a major plus. We rented a honda accord when we first got here and it was around 800$ a month. you could go cheaper for sure.
They are funny about financing here. IF the car is older than 4 years I think that is it maybe its 5 years, then you have to pay cash no financing. So if you are planning on staying here for a while it would be better to just buy a new car.
but you can check out used cars on dubizzle.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.