Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW ! This forum looks great... You guys have so much knowledge and seem keen to help so here goes....

We are a family of 5. We have 2 girls aged 5 & 7 and a baby boy.. My husband is getting a transfer with his company from the UK to Sydney and will be working close to Rydalmere in Sydney. I have been told the schools are great and have a budget of $13k per year per child for schooling costs. Although I have been told that state schools are excellent too. I am keen it is a co-ed school preferably Catholic but that is not absolutely necessary.. So... Can anyone recommend a good school within 45 minutes of Rydalmere ?

Once we have the school we can then choose where we are going to live.. Ideally a nice community with parks, shops and close to the school - maybe 15 min walk.. It would be a bonus if it were within half an hour of the beach and the city. Weekly rental budget will be ~$900 per week We need 4/5 bedrooms and another bonus would be a pool !

I would be grateful for any help !! Hopefully arriving in August and would be really keen to meet with similar families etc...

Kathryn

·
Registered
39 Posts
WOW ! This forum looks great... You guys have so much knowledge and seem keen to help so here goes....

We are a family of 5. We have 2 girls aged 5 & 7 and a baby boy.. My husband is getting a transfer with his company from the UK to Sydney and will be working close to Rydalmere in Sydney. I have been told the schools are great and have a budget of $13k per year per child for schooling costs. Although I have been told that state schools are excellent too. I am keen it is a co-ed school preferably Catholic but that is not absolutely necessary.. So... Can anyone recommend a good school within 45 minutes of Rydalmere ?

Once we have the school we can then choose where we are going to live.. Ideally a nice community with parks, shops and close to the school - maybe 15 min walk.. It would be a bonus if it were within half an hour of the beach and the city. Weekly rental budget will be ~$900 per week We need 4/5 bedrooms and another bonus would be a pool !

I would be grateful for any help !! Hopefully arriving in August and would be really keen to meet with similar families etc...

Kathryn
Your budget seems very adequate for the kids you also look for pre schools as well as there can be long waiting lists for popular ones .You may need to up your rental budget to get all those extras. You may want to look at CEO Parramatta Catholic Schools, Primary Schools, High Schools in Western Sydney - Catholic Education, Parramatta
for good Catholic schools in the area
I suggest you look at Castle Hill or West Pennant Hills

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.