Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This forum has been of great help in providing me with a lot of information with regards to Australian migration, although its is my first time posting :) :

I had a few queries:

1. I have applied for 175 and nominated my parents as Non-Migrating Dependents. DIAC expects me to provide them with an evidence of dependency. Does anyone know what all DIAC is after? Both my folks are not working anymore and retired from their respective jobs a while back

2. How long does PCC take, if applied in India itself?

3. I cant download the 26EH and 160EH medical forms online :-(. The link does not work and I have tried all I could.
I read somewhere on this forum that I could use the paper application forms instead, not quite sure if someone has actually been successful that way.

Thanks for your time...

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
DIAC is looking for proof that you support them fully:

Examples:
1. You pay rent for them in an apartment
2. You buy all or most of their food
3. They don't have any income other than that provided by you (you remit payments to them to their bank accounts)
4. You pay their medical bills and buy medicines

The key is that you have the account statements, billing, receipts to back up the above info.

You need to show that you have been doing this for at least the last (3) years.

I'll let others answer on the PCC and Forms questions.

Hello,

This forum has been of great help in providing me with a lot of information with regards to Australian migration, although its is my first time posting :) :

I had a few queries:

1. I have applied for 175 and nominated my parents as Non-Migrating Dependents. DIAC expects me to provide them with an evidence of dependency. Does anyone know what all DIAC is after? Both my folks are not working anymore and retired from their respective jobs a while back

2. How long does PCC take, if applied in India itself?

3. I cant download the 26EH and 160EH medical forms online :-(. The link does not work and I have tried all I could.
I read somewhere on this forum that I could use the paper application forms instead, not quite sure if someone has actually been successful that way.

Thanks for your time...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
If your pp was made in last 3 years and your police clearance was positive then, the PCC would take just a day. Best is to go to the pp office, they have a helpdesk, talk to the resident officer, he will check the status for you if u need to go through the police clearance again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DIAC is looking for proof that you support them fully:

Examples:
1. You pay rent for them in an apartment
2. You buy all or most of their food
3. They don't have any income other than that provided by you (you remit payments to them to their bank accounts)
4. You pay their medical bills and buy medicines

The key is that you have the account statements, billing, receipts to back up the above info.

You need to show that you have been doing this for at least the last (3) years.

I'll let others answer on the PCC and Forms questions.

Thanks amaslam,

3 years? That's like quite a time! My folks retired only couple of years back. I do send them money and can possibly get bank statements.
Not sure if that will be enough... :-/
Does their Superannuation result in them not being my dependents?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Not sure, I think a pension could make them invalid to be your dependent. You might want to discuss that point with a migration agent.

Thanks amaslam,

3 years? That's like quite a time! My folks retired only couple of years back. I do send them money and can possibly get bank statements.
Not sure if that will be enough... :-/
Does their Superannuation result in them not being my dependents?

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts