Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a Senior (64) native Californian living in the far north of California in the mountains. I am close to retirement and my wife and I have several small businesses here. I have travelled extensively. One of the businesses is a used bookstore so I have a huge supply of good books to read (my main hobby) and I prefer travel, history and historical fiction as subjects. My wife publishes a small family magazine. We are progressives, leftists, and hate the war mentality that seems to prevail here. We also like to get away in the winter as the weather is quite cold and snowy here. I like to go to Mexico (Baja Sur particularly) as I like the mild climate. The tropics are mostly too warm for my taste, so I am always curious about parts of the world that have mild, dry weather in our winter (Dec,Jan, Feb, Mar). We love Mexico and the Mexican people, we speak some spanish and get along well there. My younger daughter lives in Norway and we have visited there several times with her family and extended family. Wonderful country and people but the climate is not attractive to us. Can anyone suggest places that we should check out for possible extended winter holiday's or as a more permanent home? We are concerned about costs as our retirement income will be limited and about the social situation as we are fairly social. Thank You John S

1 - 1 of 1 Posts