Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, so be gentle.

I have recently been approched by an Australian company that work in the same trade as myself, and am now considering the big leap to Oz.

They said that they would sponser me as a skilled migrant, so where do I go from here?

Is it any easyer if you are sponsered?
It's not just myself, my partner and my two kids + one on they way, does this cause problems?

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

Sponsorship is definitely the way to go as it gets highest priority and with the latest changes in Immi on Feb 8 this is the way the AU government intends for most migrants to come into AU.

There are two types of visas:

Temp Visa: 457
PR Visa: 856

If you can try to get the 856 visa, both let you get into AU but the 457 expires in 4 yrs and you do not get the same access to things like Medicare and Public schools as a PR would (would cost you $$$ for those as you are considered a long term visitor).

First stop:
www.immi.gov.au

Read about the 457 and 856 visas. I think Booklet 6 covers employer sponsored visas.

Having kids and partners does not cause problems as you are the primary applicant. It does make for a more complicated move (it'll be more stressful).

Hi all, new to the forum, so be gentle.

I have recently been approched by an Australian company that work in the same trade as myself, and am now considering the big leap to Oz.

They said that they would sponser me as a skilled migrant, so where do I go from here?

Is it any easyer if you are sponsered?
It's not just myself, my partner and my two kids + one on they way, does this cause problems?

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

We have 3 kids also, we feel it's possible and even more fun to migrate with Kids.
It takes slighty more work to get organized and think of things from their perspective (include on of those disney suitcases filled with toys and other precious stuff for the airplane, take them to the beach, playground etc, once in a while) but absolutely nothing we didn't do as parents before.

We have been talking to them about moving and involving them with all the preparations, and they are looking forward.

We do talk wit them about spending more time outdoors, visiting Australia Zoo, etc.

Good luck with your move!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everone, hopeing to go out to work for a couple of weeks in April, so I'll have a look around.

Seeing as my partner is pregnant, can we still apply for the PR visa now?
Any good companys that can sort this out for me?

My employer will sponser me for the PR visa no problem, what sort of time scale are we talking?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can apply but you won't get it until the medicals are done. Medicals require X-rays which doctors won't do if a woman is pregnant (that's what I think it the main reason they're held up). Case Officer at Immi won't finalise the PR case without a valid medical.

Get in touch with a visa agent (Sorry I don't know any directly) to confirm what I just said.

Thanks everone, hopeing to go out to work for a couple of weeks in April, so I'll have a look around.

Seeing as my partner is pregnant, can we still apply for the PR visa now?
Any good companys that can sort this out for me?

My employer will sponser me for the PR visa no problem, what sort of time scale are we talking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts