Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

Four weeks ago I applied to teach.NSW for permission to teach in Sydney and sent through my supporting documentation. Now I've received an email stating that I need evidence of Australian citizenship, permanent residency or a work visa for my application to be processed. When I called up teach.NSW, the person on the other end initially said that my application could be processed without a visa, but when I told her about the email I'd received, her tune changed and she said that I'd have to physically move to Oz & sit around there for an unspecified period of time (without being able to teach), in order for the application to be processed.

As a NZ citizen I know that I am allowed to live and work in Oz without applying for a visa, and that I will received a Special Category Visa automatically once I arrive.

Is there anyone who could shed some light on this. Maybe a Kiwi who has applied to teach in NSW? Sometimes when I call up teach.NSW they seem to be making guesses at answers to my questions.

Any light on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.