Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All ,

I need some information on New Zealand Immigration.I am an Software Engineer with 4 years of

experience.Unfortunately I am falling short of 5 points for Australian Immigration in GSM category ,but i am

successful enough for New Zealand immigration in Skilled Category as I managed to get more than 100

points.

So coming to my Query :

I am planning to apply for New Zealand under Skilled Category but I also had plans for Studying in Australia

and also got a Offer letter to study in Monash .But my Master's programe is 1.5 yrs .If i go on Student Visa to

Australia and in between if I get a Visa for New Zealand to work .

a) can i complete my masters in Australia and go to New zealand for work.
b)Can i go and collect visa and come back to Australia for completion of my Education and go again to work

in New zealand.

What is the maximum period the new zealand visa is eligible once granted and with in how much time i can go

and collect the Visa once granted .

It's a big question .Hope some one answers and i would be happy if u have URL's on this.

Regards
Ajith

·
Registered
3 Posts
I m software engineer too, I think your plan is more of a if then else statement.
Once you come to Nz ,and u have PR you can go to any country. You have to stay 184 days each year for a minimum of 2 years for getting indefinite PR.
But if I am a PR then I would move to oz after my citizen ship coz I don't need any visa.
Also it's a bit of mistake to come to Nz, I should have gone to oz, it's big better n more aggressive.
So don't waste your money for just getting those five points , if you are married then You can also claim points for your wife.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone of you help me out with the NZ Immigration Process.
I am located in India and I am a civil engineer by qualification but have work experience of 10 yrs in software testing. I do not have any civil experience. After checking the point calculator I received 75 points as the point calculator has not considered my experience.

As per my understanding, the point calculator has calculated in following way
1. Age - 25 Points
2. Degree - 50 Points (Level 7)
3. Exp - 0 Points (As my exp does not match with the qualification)

Kindly let me know if my experience is a constraint for getting required points to immigrate (100 Points)

·
Super Moderator
4,906 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone of you help me out with the NZ Immigration Process.
I am located in India and I am a civil engineer by qualification but have work experience of 10 yrs in software testing. I do not have any civil experience. After checking the point calculator I received 75 points as the point calculator has not considered my experience.

As per my understanding, the point calculator has calculated in following way
1. Age - 25 Points
2. Degree - 50 Points (Level 7)
3. Exp - 0 Points (As my exp does not match with the qualification)

Kindly let me know if my experience is a constraint for getting required points to immigrate (100 Points)
Yes your lack of experience as a Civil Engineer is certainly an issue. You have the qualification, but no experience.
A qualification cannot be a substitute for experience.

Have you tried to do the points calculator in a different scenario.........
Claim you are in an occupation off the Long Term Skill Shortage List (Software Tester) and use your extensive 10 years experience to substitute for not having the required qualification.
This may be the way to go ?

Also, for your info......
Even if you make the minimum 100 points for eligibility to submit EOI, without a job offer you have little chance of the EOI being selected.
Someone with points 100 to 135 without a job offer will be very lucky indeed to have the EOI selected.
With a job offer and still within that points range you only have a slim chance.

Each fortnight, on the majority of occasions, the whole quota is being taken by EOI's of 140 points and above with and without job offers.
Only at irregular times are there spare places where EOI's with lower points scores but with job offers are being selected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts