Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all here
I have already applied for EOI for Australian Immigration, however I am also thinking about New Zealand immigration in case if I would not get the Australian immigration.
Someone told me that for NZ immigration, a job offer is required, without job offer you cannot submit EOI for NZ.

2ndly, do I also need to assess my degree and work experience from the Authority? I am software engineer and I have degree in Computer science.

3rdly, can I use Australian computer society assessment in NZ immigration because ANZSCO codes are same in each country?

4th, How long it will take to complete the immigration visa process?

5th, Can we apply for any state immigration etc?

6th, I could not find the award of points for IELTS. Do they not award points for IELTS?

Please reply these questions or give me official links which can give the answer of these questions.

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Hi all here
I have already applied for EOI for Australian Immigration, however I am also thinking about New Zealand immigration in case if I would not get the Australian immigration.
Someone told me that for NZ immigration, a job offer is required, without job offer you cannot submit EOI for NZ.

2ndly, do I also need to assess my degree and work experience from the Authority? I am software engineer and I have degree in Computer science.

3rdly, can I use Australian computer society assessment in NZ immigration because ANZSCO codes are same in each country?

4th, How long it will take to complete the immigration visa process?

5th, Can we apply for any state immigration etc?

6th, I could not find the award of points for IELTS. Do they not award points for IELTS?

Please reply these questions or give me official links which can give the answer of these questions.
Its no easier to secure a visa for nz than it is for Australia so on that score you may experience double the pain.
A job offer is not required ultimately. It all depends on the points that you can claim on the eoi.

2. If the qualification you wish to claim for is not exempt from assessment then yes it will need assessment by NZQA.

3. No. ACS not recognized in nz.

4. Without a job offer - at least a year.

5. Don't understand the question.

6. No. It is a basic minimum requirement. No points are awarded for meeting this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
the 5th point was related to States of NZ. In Australia, you may apply for state sponsorship to get immigration, I was asking if there is any such case in NZ?

well please guide me about securing NZ visa.

1. How long it can take to process the visa if I have a job offer.
2. Is there any demand list where I can upload my CV so that employers can view my resume and interview accordingly? Is there any better way to receive a job offer from employer in NZ?

Regards

·
Registered
386 Posts
2. Is there any demand list where I can upload my CV so that employers can view my resume and interview accordingly? Is there any better way to receive a job offer from employer in NZ?

Regards
It's hard to secure a job here from overseas. It often ends up like a catch 22 situation. You need a job offer to gain entry and you need entry to gain a job!

No there is no demand list. You need to apply for jobs privately. It's not easy, and often requires initiative on your part. Send off your CV to companies in your skilled area. Do research to find these companies. It's all in your hands. The most important thing is whether you have the skills that a company here wants, that they cannot fill with the people already living here.

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
the 5th point was related to States of NZ. In Australia, you may apply for state sponsorship to get immigration, I was asking if there is any such case in NZ?

well please guide me about securing NZ visa.

1. How long it can take to process the visa if I have a job offer.

Regards
Oh my no. There's no state sponsorship in NZ.

1. Resident visa via smc process with a job offer will be at least 6 months, maybe 9 months. Without a job offer from 12 months onwards, however..........
I believe London office has taken over the processing of these applications so there may be some delay with processing as London office may have a higher workload but the same number of case officers ?

2. No. You can register on Jobs on SEEK - New Zealand's no.1 Employment, Career and Recruitment site and add a profile, CV etc and employers can view you. You can also join LinkedIN. You can also register with a recruitment agent and they can work for you to find you a job, but in all honesty they'll only spend time on trying to find you a job if the process is going to be easy and you are going to be able to come and work in NZ quickly. If you aren't a good bet - maybe because of visa issues etc or the fact you haven't got the right to work in NZ yet then they won't waste time and money on finding you a job. Their time costs them money. The agents work off commission and only get paid when they find suitable candidates and those candidates are then invited to interview by the company and then have a job offer. They earn like 50% of the offered salary when a job offer is agreed and the employee starts work so obviously look to spend the least amount of time on a person to get them over the hurdles so they can get the maximum return at least cost to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts