Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, as a native New Yorker I am telling people that America is on the verge of becoming a Third World country, economically and I want out.

I have a law degree from an a US law school but I have never sat for NY bar. I have done a lot of doc review and due diligence and am wondering if someone with an advanced degree would fare better under EU work rules than someone who doesn't.

Anyone who can assist me with their view point and/or experience would be welcomed.

Thanks, Alayna:)

·
Administrator
50,369 Posts
What do you envision doing in France or Belgium in terms of a job/career?

The French really do tend to put more faith in your qualifications than in your experience - and you definitely have to have the language to have much hope of finding a job. Take a look at the job ads on something like Monster.fr or one of the European job hunting sites and see what strikes your fancy. To get a work visa, you have to get the job first and let your employer sponsor you for the visa, with all that entails. If you've got something to offer that isn't readily available in the French or Belgian job markets, go for it.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts