Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Visa Processing Times are now posted on the UK Gov Website. I am applying from Manila, Philippines and applied priority on 25th May for Spouse and Step Daughter. Looking at the stats provided for Philippines May processing has made it more depressing only 13% decided within the 30 business days. Looked at lots of other countries and compared and it seems that the Philippines has some of the worst processing times statistics. Was informed by VFS staff that paying for priority should make the decision between 15-20 days at a cost of nearly 1k extra I hope its just not money wasted. Was hoping to travel mid July and get kids settled before school in Aug/Sep looks highly unlikely at the moment :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Pete,

Do you have a link to the UK.gov site that lists the new processing times? I'm not seeing them.

Thanks!

Odilon in Hong Kong, also waiting what seems forever...

The new Visa Processing Times are now posted on the UK Gov Website. I am applying from Manila, Philippines and applied priority on 25th May for Spouse and Step Daughter. Looking at the stats provided for Philippines May processing has made it more depressing only 13% decided within the 30 business days. Looked at lots of other countries and compared and it seems that the Philippines has some of the worst processing times statistics. Was informed by VFS staff that paying for priority should make the decision between 15-20 days at a cost of nearly 1k extra I hope its just not money wasted. Was hoping to travel mid July and get kids settled before school in Aug/Sep looks highly unlikely at the moment :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Oddlion

www .gov.uk/visa-processing-times

Those are Mays processing stats, cant post as a link as need to have posted 5 times

All the best

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Pete,

Do you have a link to the UK.gov site that lists the new processing times? I'm not seeing them.

Thanks!

Odilon in Hong Kong, also waiting what seems forever...
I think this is it
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

it gives me a very different view of my application. This states in May only 25% processed in 15 days, I was told that expected time for regular processing was 10-15 days. I paid priority and was told 3-5 days but that was 7 days ago now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks. I see it now. The times are much worse than March or April - I guess everyone is suffering.

It seems that the times for "priority" processing are now more like 6-8 weeks (30-35 working days) or even more. Pity those who believed the estimate for non-priority and applied that way

I think this is it
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

it gives me a very different view of my application. This states in May only 25% processed in 15 days, I was told that expected time for regular processing was 10-15 days. I paid priority and was told 3-5 days but that was 7 days ago now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many people applying with priority are not getting what it's advertised. I bet they know it yet they still advertise it and steal your money and can get away with it with the terms and conditions written on the priority form.

Everyone needs to stand together and complain or they'll carry on stealing.:mad:

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Complain after you get your visa, perhaps getting your MP on your side. But don't start ranting and raving while you wait - that won't help and will only get your blood pressure up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it was part of the business community I'm sure you would have a winning case for false advertising. I am not the most patient person in the world as it is, hence the reason I paid for my spouse and step daughters visa to be expedited, scanning service, priority lounge etc. I was impatient waiting every time we had applied for the numerous visit visas we have had previously. If the staff at VFS stated that priority applications would take in excess of 30+ business days I would accept that. But being sold a package, which I'm sure that staff are told to up sell with the vision of being processed in 15+ business days. Its being sold false hope that really gets me, Annoying but they know there is nothing we can do about it but wait wait wait.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
VFS has no control over what happens to applications, as they are in the hands of UKVI. They can only go by what they have been told. So direct your complaint to UKVI, under the complaint procedure, but wait until you get your visa. Clearly there has been a big surge in applications, not unconnected with Brexit and the manifesto pledge to reduce immigration I'd imagine, so they are struggling to cope. They do publish guideline to how long your application takes to be processed, but like all these things they cannot guarantee it will be decided within any set limit. It's only a guide, as they say. And concentrating settlement cases to a fewer decision making centres, and increasingly at Sheffield, couldn't have helped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know what current processing times are like for applications made inside of the UK? I've been told up to 8 weeks, but keen to see what other peoples' current experience is...

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
There is an ongoing thread about FLR(M) processing time, and the latest info seems to be around 2 months, between 8 to 10 weeks after giving your biometrics at post office.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.