Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This is something I thought would be quite simple, as we applied for my (now) husband's first partner visa on 11th March 2013, which means we can apply for his next visa 28 days before the 30 month expiry.

However, having looked at his biometric permit, it's stating an expiry date of 11th August this year, which is 29 months from when we first applied for the visa. So I was just wondering what date do we apply for his second visa? 28 days before the 30 month mark (14th August) or do we try and get an appointment (we're going to try and do the same day application) on the 11th August?

I hope this makes sense! Many thanks in advance for your help

Perox x

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If he applied for his visa from outside UK, he should have been given a visa valid for 33 months. If he applied in UK, switching from another visa, then his leave will be for 30 months.
So please state: the date he applied, whether in UK or abroad, 'valid from' and 'valid until' on his visa, and the date he entered UK or when he switched his leave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joppa said:
If he applied for his visa from outside UK, he should have been given a visa valid for 33 months. If he applied in UK, switching from another visa, then his leave will be for 30 months. So please state: the date he applied, whether in UK or abroad, 'valid from' and 'valid until' on his visa, and the date he entered UK or when he switched his leave.
Thanks for your reply Joppa. He applied within the uk on 11th March 2013, this is also the date he got the visa as we did it in person. So his visa would be 30 months from this date, which is 11th September this year, but his biometric permit has a valid from date of 11th March 2013 and expiry date of 11th August 2015.

I would assume that we should ignore the date on his biometric permit and apply based on the actual visa expiry date?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
But you don't have a separate visa as all your visa details are on your BRP. Looks like they've made a mistake and you should get it remedied, as expiry date affects when you can apply and you can only apply within 28 days of 30-month anniversary of switching your leave.
Read how to report error on BRP at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/correct-mistakes
You are well outside the notice period but explain you didn't notice the mistake until now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But you don't have a separate visa as all your visa details are on your BRP. Looks like they've made a mistake and you should get it remedied, as expiry date affects when you can apply and you can only apply within 28 days of 30-month anniversary of switching your leave.
Read how to report error on BRP at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/correct-mistakes
You are well outside the notice period but explain you didn't notice the mistake until now.
Thank you for your response Joppa, I did as you advised and contacted the BRP error team. However, they have just replied stating that the information on the BRP matches that on my husband's home office records, and so we'll now need to get in touch with the premium service centre we attended so that they can have a look through the application and hopefully advise that there has been an error on their side!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for writing again, but I was just wondering if you had an idea as to the best way to contact Croydon? Should I just write them a letter to their standard address, or should I try calling - though I can't imagine if I call that they can give that detailed information?

I've read about the RCU 'referred casework unit' but I'm not sure if this is someone I could contact with a spouse visa query?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.