Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just want to share the experience at the UKVCAS centre.Today we attended the Birmingham Core Centre for a 2pm appointment for my spouse visa first extension FLR(M). All documents had been uploaded by me the week before. I did not received any confirmation email from UKVCAS to say that the documents were all correctly uploaded.

I have attached the documents in the following order.
Identification documents / proof of travel
1. Passport copy (Sponsor)
2. Driving Licence
3. Certificate of naturalisation
4. Bio metric card. (Applicant)
Proof of application
5. Passport copy (Applicant)
6. Spouse declaration form
7. Part 1 consent form
8. Part 2 consent form
Others
9. Supporting letter
Finance documents – Applicant
10. Proof of employment letter.
11. Employment contract.
12. P60 form.
13. Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
14. HSBC bank statements corresponding to the same period.
Finance documents – Sponsor
15. P60 form (2017 & 2018).
16. Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
17. HSBC bank statements corresponding to the same period.
Life Events
18. Marriage certificate.
19. Holiday photos (5)
Life in the UK
Joint documents in both names
20. Council tax bills (2017 & 2018)
21. Rent increase letter.
22. Tenancy agreement.
23. Applicant ( 2 years correspondence documents)
24. Sponsor ( 2 years correspondence documents)
Employment / Sponsor
25. Proof of employment letter.
26. Employment contract.
27. P60 form.
28. Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
English language requirements - Applicant
29. Master degree certificate issued by the Staffordshire University, UK.
30. Transcripts issued by the Staffordshire University, UK.

We arrived at 1 pm and had no issues in getting to the centre, (parking is free in this centre). Don’t forget your UKVCAS appointment confirmation, the email attachment that has the giant QR code. You can’t get in without it.

I think lunch time is quiet so they asked us to be seen by the next available staff. After waiting for few mins my wife was asked to take bio-metric. It’s a DIY process and then they asked us to see the officers to verify the documents. The officer only took my wife passport and bio-metric card and then checked online to make sure all other documents are uploaded correctly, once done. They said the process is completely. I was surprised that they didnt ask any of our documents to verify.

The staff were very friendly and professional. They told us that it will usually takes about 6-8 weeks to get a notification by email. Best of luck everyone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Nannak,

We'll be submitting my spouse's extension application soon, so I'm really interested in to hear of people's experiences with the new process.

Is the requirement to upload photos mandatory? Need to know so I can organise getting them printed out.

Did you and your spouse provide supporting statements? This was't a requirement the first time around so I want to know again, is this now mandatory?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Just want to clarify that the photos and my wife's (applicant) finance and employment documents attached in the others column are not required. We have attached it because to clarify something in our case. It may not be required for all.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Nannak,

We'll be submitting my spouse's extension application soon, so I'm really interested in to hear of people's experiences with the new process.

Is the requirement to upload photos mandatory? Need to know so I can organise getting them printed out.

Did you and your spouse provide supporting statements? This was't a requirement the first time around so I want to know again, is this now mandatory?

Its not required to submit photos or have a joint statement. I was just advised by the lawyer to add them because it gives a better impression to the HO officer that they see you are in a viable relationship with each other. I did 8 over 2.5 years. Mostly from our vacations. I hate having my picture taken to. The '' personal statement'' is what our joint statement was. I wrote a 2 page one for my first application, and my husband wrote two paragraphs. This last time we write about 6 sentences stating, we had just bought a beautiful new home, my husband and I intended on continuing to build our life together in the UK and that we intended to reside here for the near and present future as husband and wife. Basically you state your intentions are to remain in the uk iand continue your relationship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.