Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , my partner and i are in the very early planning stages of moving to Australia.How quick is the whole process ?,from visa application to being able to make the move ?.We hope to be ready to make the application around June /July this year and would idealy want to have made the move by the same time next year.We'd be applying for a skilled trade visa. We'd be gratefull for any advice .Thanx MD

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Well depending on your circumstances it could take anywhere from a month to say three years.
To be totally honest that is a very hard question to answer as no one can predict DIAC.
But read through the "sticky posts" first.
Cheers,
Zenji

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum,
Well depending on your circumstances it could take anywhere from a month to say three years.
To be totally honest that is a very hard question to answer as no one can predict DIAC.
But read through the "sticky posts" first.
Cheers,
Zenji
OMG!!!!! will do thanx again

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I would only tell about what I am going through :), General Skilled Migrant Visa Subclass 175 (Independent) (GSM-175), you should do the following:

1- Check your job listing for MODL and/or CSL
2- I suggest you take the point test on DIAC web page, then you should review your trades qualification assessment plan, also age limitations etc.
3- Then if you are in CSL, it may take around 12 months including your skills assessment.
4- If you are not in CSL but in MODL, it may take up to 24 months.

Good Luck,

Regards,

M. Omar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum,

I would only tell about what I am going through :), General Skilled Migrant Visa Subclass 175 (Independent) (GSM-175), you should do the following:

1- Check your job listing for MODL and/or CSL
2- I suggest you take the point test on DIAC web page, then you should review your trades qualification assessment plan, also age limitations etc.
3- Then if you are in CSL, it may take around 12 months including your skills assessment.
4- If you are not in CSL but in MODL, it may take up to 24 months.

Good Luck,

Regards,

M. Omar
Than you, on these assements what is a good score ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are willing for GSM 175, so you should score min of 120 points at the point test on DIAC's web page.
The assessment bodies vary from one profession to the other, if you are an engineer then it's Engineers Australia ( as in my case), if you are in IT then it's ACS, eventually you submit your qualifications and CV with all proofs then they issue the positive assessment of a nominated job ( which is your gate to the visa)

Good Luck

Regards,

M. Omar

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey there mbdd32,

We had our Visa granted in December 2009. We applied for Skills assessment in Dec 2008 this took 3 months, then we put in our Visa app in June/July 2009. We used an immigration lawyer as our case was not simple (we had to work hard to get everything together to make a strong application), and are so very glad we did, he was worth every penny of his fee.

My advise to anyone thinking of applying for a visa is...

Forget the term "Quick" the process demands patience by the bucket load!
Read all the fine print or get a good Immigration lawyer/agent. A mistake can cost you a fortune.
Be prepared to part with a lots of dosh, the whole process works out very expensive, and that's without paying an agent.
Read the relevant posts here, this is a great forum.

I wish you lots of luck with your adventure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts