Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've recently moved to Cadouin (25Km East of Bergerac) and have become an awful cliche - I have been spending so much time doing up my house that I have neglected the making friends and enjoying life bit! I'd love to meet up with other expats nearby to share stories and help improve my school girl French. My French neighbours are all absolutely wonderful but unfortunately it wasn't till I moved here that I realised the average age of the village is about 80! I desperately seek conversation which is perhaps more suited to my very immature 40 years.

I would also be very pleased to obtain details of fitness classes or similar nearby. I've found plenty of yoga but little else.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Hi I've recently moved to Cadouin (25Km East of Bergerac) and have become an awful cliche - I have been spending so much time doing up my house that I have neglected the making friends and enjoying life bit! I'd love to meet up with other expats nearby to share stories and help improve my school girl French. My French neighbours are all absolutely wonderful but unfortunately it wasn't till I moved here that I realised the average age of the village is about 80! I desperately seek conversation which is perhaps more suited to my very immature 40 years.

I would also be very pleased to obtain details of fitness classes or similar nearby. I've found plenty of yoga but little else.

Thanks
Hi Polly,
I saw your note and thought I would say hello.

My name is Beverley and I have a summer house in Domme (about 40mins from you). I have spent a few months in Domme this year but sadly had to go back to England for the bulk of the summer (which was not the plan). In any case I am here now but planning to return to the UK for most of the winter on around 12th October.

Anyway, I thought that perhaps next year we could meet up for a coffee and natter, I feel exactly like you, the neighbours are fine and lovely but it would be nice to meet with a likeminded 'English' speaking friend for coffee and stuff now and again who is of similar age (I'm 48). I have actually been taken along to my local Tai Chi group by my neighbour which was lovely but the average age was about 65!

It would be good to hear from you
best regards
Beverley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heya, I am also new to the dordogne :) have been here for just under a year and have been tirelessly working away starting my own little business and am now at the point where i need to meet new friends for coffee's etc at the weekends. I am 33 years old and feel a little like i live in a retirement town haha. So any frienship would be of a great welcome :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks
Hi - we're about to move near to Cadouin and would love to get an insight into the area, if you're still living there. We are a couple in late 30s & early 40s with 2 kids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.