Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have found the posts very informative, thank you.

I have a few issues and wondered if anyone could give me some advice.

I am a single parent in my late 30's considering moving to Queensland, I am currently studying at Uni to return to nursing having been out for 4 years, I understand that I will have to wait before applying for my visa, but this is ok because I want to wait until my eldest son has finished his GCSEs. However I do not want to go through the process if it is not practical for us to move out there.

I have recently read that it is difficult to manage on one salary in Oz, if there are any single parents that have made the move I would love to hear of your experience.

I am considering going to an expo next month and have heard that some people have been offered jobs at these events, is this likely?

I would also appreciate any info on Gladstone and surrounding areas.

I have noticed a lot of people seem to have moved or are considering Melbourne, can anyone let me know why they made that choice?

The cost of the move and cost of living would also be helpfull, I do not have a great deal of capital and need to save for the move.

Sorry for all the questions, this is a really big decision for us as I will be taking the children away from their father.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Kimico,

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already done so please have a read of the sticky threads at the top of the forum, especially the 'Cost of living' thread since that will answer some of the your cost of living questions.

Do you realise that you will need the father's permission to move the children? I know that may be stating the obvious but I thought I would mention it.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kimico,

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already done so please have a read of the sticky threads at the top of the forum, especially the 'Cost of living' thread since that will answer some of the your cost of living questions.

Do you realise that you will need the father's permission to move the children? I know that may be stating the obvious but I thought I would mention it.

Regards,
Karen

Thanks Karen, yes I did know he is quite happy to agree, but thanks anyway.

Kim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts