Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new to Dubai and looking to make friends thread

Good afternoon all,

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. My partner and I have just relocated to Dubai, we spent the last week buying sofa, TV's, beds all the usual stuff. Now we are a little settled in we are looking to make some new friends out here. We are located in the Marina area almost opposite the Yacht club and consider ourselfs a normal late 20's couple, who like all the normal sorts of things sports, eating, having fun.

So if your in the area please give me a shout, maybe we can go for a drink or something.

Thanks

Brad

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Hi Brad,
Welcome to Dubai. You'll find a lot of threads posted about meet ups, drinks, etc. Keep an eye out and I'm sure someone will come along and arrange something over the weekends. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good afternoon all,

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. My partner and I have just relocated to Dubai, we spent the last week buying sofa, TV's, beds all the usual stuff. Now we are a little settled in we are looking to make some new friends out here. We are located in the Marina area almost opposite the Yacht club and consider ourselfs a normal late 20's couple, who like all the normal sorts of things sports, eating, having fun.

So if your in the area please give me a shout, maybe we can go for a drink or something.

Thanks

Brad
Sounds pretty much identical to us! We've been here 3 weeks now, spent the last 3 weeks prety much at the mall and shops buying furniture! We are living in the marina too probably right opposite from you now as we look onto the yacht club! So would definitely be up for meeting up :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

Hi am moving there as well can we be friends?
Good afternoon all,

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, welcome! Recently moved here also & looking to make a few new friends. I'm living in UpTown Mirdif & would love to find new friends to have a drink with!

Good afternoon all,

Thanks

Brad

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Sounds pretty much identical to us! We've been here 3 weeks now, spent the last 3 weeks prety much at the mall and shops buying furniture! We are living in the marina too probably right opposite from you now as we look onto the yacht club! So would definitely be up for meeting up :)
Toon fan?????

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
QUOTE=Brad33;309331]Good afternoon all,

Thanks

Brad[/QUOTE]

:welcome::welcome:

Watch the threads and you will find plenty of posts about things to do and people to meet. :D:D:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi everyone!

Not trying to hijack the thread but thought I'd add in this :)

My partner and I will be there in 5 weeks time (6th July) - going to spend a few days in a hotel and then move to company provided accommodation for a month whilst we find somewhere to live (Looking in Marina / JLT / Barsha districts.
We'll be looking to make friends as well once we get there. Spent 5 weeks in Dubai in January and only discovered this forum as we were leaving, so didn't really get a chance to meet anyone.
Our usual place to go was Locker Room on a Fri night for Brunch - never made it to Waxys - Went to Flavours though and that was good!

Hope to see some of you soon too!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it sounds like there are a few of us in the Marina area, maybe we should arrange an open get together somewhere local.

Except for furniture shopping and waiting for deliveries we are both free most evenings and weekends, how does Sat 5th of June sound for a meet up?

Brad and K

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im in the restaurant biz so that won't work for me, but I'm definately up for meeting up sometime! Lets keep in touch & see what we can work out.
Bryan

send me a private message if you want to exchange emails, FB, mobile, etc :)

Well it sounds like there are a few of us in the Marina area, maybe we should arrange an open get together somewhere local.

Except for furniture shopping and waiting for deliveries we are both free most evenings and weekends, how does Sat 5th of June sound for a meet up?

Brad and K

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Dubai shortly and would love to meet up!

Hi! My husband and I are moving to Dubai next weekend and would love to meet up for drinks sometime soon! We're late twenties, from San Francisco but have been living in Sydney for the last year and a half. How are you finding Dubai thus far?

Keep in touch,

Maddie

Good afternoon all,

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Couple new to Dubai looking to meet up!

Hello!

My husband, Dan, and I are are moving to Dubai next weekend and would love to meet up with people! We're late twenties, originally from San Francisco area but have been living in Sydney for the past year and a half. The move is just temporary for us so I will not be working so I would also love to meet up with anyone in a similar situation and explore the area! We're into travel food, sports, shopping (probably more me than Dan!) wine, book clubs, pretty much up for whatever! Give me a shout if you're open for a meet up or have any "must have" advice!

Cheers,

Maddie

1 - 20 of 317 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.