Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

How are you all? It's been very long....Hope everyone remembers me. I was busy with my wedding and post wedding things from October. Had almost dropped the plan of applying to Aus since I am 2 months pregnant but my OH is pushing me to do as I am in CSL and have got better opportunity. So, I am back on track.

Since it is been very long I am totally blank and having starting trouble... Where do I start now?? I have got ACS results in September as C# with 12 months experience which means I am in CSL. Me and my husband are planning to do our IELTS on Feb 20.

I have to color scan all the documents that I sent to ACS ie.,
1. Appointment Letter
2. Pay Slips
3. Relieving letter
4. Reference letters from two colleagues and x-colleagues (since I cant produce experience letter stating tht I have worked in C#)
5. Statuatory declaration
6. Marriage certificate
7. MArriage invitation
8. Marriage Photo
9. Passport - mine and my husband's
10. ACS certificate
11. Resume
12. IELTS Certificate - mine and my husband's

Have I missed anything else? Should I get my husband's name endorsed in my passport and my name in his passport???

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Cintai, congratulations for both, your wedding and the expected baby.

Now, you will have to wait anyways for the Meds, since taking Xrays isnt suggested when you are carrying. I believe your ACS assessment will be valid till September, when are you due? I suggest applying a month before you are due so that you can wait for the CO, the time the CO takes, you will have a baby and then you can apply for the baby's passport, fill a change if circumstances form so that all three of you get the visa together.

As for the documents, you need all the docs that you sent to ACS, PP copy for both you and your spouse, educational documents for the spouse, his CV, Birth certificates fr both you and the spouse, Change of name affidavit for you (incase you plan to change your name from the maiden name). marriage cert. IELTS transcripts for both of you. (Incase spouse doesnt want to ttake IELTS, a letter from his college and school clearly stating that he studied in english medium) and ofcourse ACS assessment letter, I guess that would be it.

Another option would be to apply now, wait for the CO and as and when you have a CO, you inform them that you are in family way and can not take meds, so they leave your case till you are ready.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Anj!! Thats is a very valid point. HOw did I forget to think about Meds during pregnancy.... But any way September first week is my due date. I am planning to apply for online visa by April so to get Co it will take atleast 3 months ryt.. in tht case I will get a CO by say July... Employment verification may take time.... So by the time they ask for MEds my baby would have reached earth... I hope so...

What do u say shall I wait and apply in August or shall I apply in April??

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Go for april. as i said, its your decision. all the documentation, verification takes time, as and when you get a CO, you can ask them to wait. that way you get time after the verification and when the baby arrives, post submitting the baby's passport it wont take long

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah even I feel the same.. Thanks Anj!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts