Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It’s good to see such forums available for people wanting to move overseas.
Little about myself, I am Nayan Parikh, post-graduated having around 7 years of work experience in IT industry with MNCs. I have valid Temporary Business Entry (class UC) Temporary Business Entry (subclass 457) visa.
Actually I am on dependent visa. My wife is a primary holder of it and she does have same valid visa. She too is post-graduated with around 6+ work experience in IT / Communication industry.

Once the visa was granted by our previous employer and due to some personal commitment we had to the leave company. And we were never travelled to Australia on the given visa. Now we are planning to move to Australia and the utilize the visa. Also since we both have left the employer the sponsorship in the Visa still shows our the name of our previous employer which in our case should not be useful.

So the my question how should we proceed given the above case if we want to move to Australia and how can we get sponsorship from new employer ?

I hope I am making my query clear. Please let me know if that is not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Nayan,

Once you you leave the Sponsoring company your 457 visa is cancelled and not transferable to another company - you will now need to find another 457 sponsor - simple as that !! TJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TeeJay for the quick response.
Yeah it should be the case that Visa sponsorship might have been cancelled. However when i am seeing the Visa status on VEVO page it shows the current status as "In Effect", which i think the visa is still valid however its just the case that i need to find new sponsorship. It's that my current understanding ?

Thanku very much.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks TeeJay for the quick response.
Yeah it should be the case that Visa sponsorship might have been cancelled. However when i am seeing the Visa status on VEVO page it shows the current status as "In Effect", which i think the visa is still valid however its just the case that i need to find new sponsorship. It's that my current understanding ?

Thanku very much.
Hi MAte I believe you have a grace period of 90 days to look for a new sponsor , failing which your visa will be cancelled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mate.
But right now it's more than 3 months the we left the company and in VEVO i am still seeing the Visa Status as "In Effect" for both me and my wife. So that's what triggered me to think of utilizing the Visa.

So given the case i need to find only the new sponsorship right ? As it seems visa is still valid.

Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

I checked my validity of the above mentioned visa under VEVO (Visa Entitlement and Verification Online) and it still shows the status as "In Effect" ? Under these scenario i just need to find the employer who would sponsor me to Australia right ?

Can anyone please throw more light on these ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi All,

I checked my validity of the above mentioned visa under VEVO (Visa Entitlement and Verification Online) and it still shows the status as "In Effect" ? Under these scenario i just need to find the employer who would sponsor me to Australia right ?

Can anyone please throw more light on these ?

Thanks in advance.
Better to consult with DIAC to avoid risks. If its beyond your grace period, i dont think its valid. It may show 'In effect' but you may not be able to reenter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts