Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone out there tell me if they have any info on the new Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485).Started on 1st Jan 2010.We have been here a yr now on the old student visa now all has changed :mad:. Any info would be great.Kind regards.Lowrider.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can anyone out there tell me if they have any info on the new Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485).Started on 1st Jan 2010.We have been here a yr now on the old student visa now all has changed :mad:. Any info would be great.Kind regards.Lowrider.
Is your job to be assessed by TRA or VETASSES?

·
Registered
58 Posts
TRA Job Ready

For TRA, you must go look at the TRA website. It has changed. In order to be eligible to apply for the graduate visa, you need your australian qualification as per your job and 20 hours a week work experience over a minimum of 6 months. I was told by TRA that 500 hours should do it. There is no more 900 hours work experience requirement. Although you now have to go onto the graduate visa after your student visa. You need to work for a period of at least 12 months full time paid under a contract while on your graduate visa and TRA will be assessing you. The fees have gone up like crazy. It is 300$ to get your initial assessment to get your graduate visa. But in the end, the total is 4550$ in order to get a full assessment for PR. There will be changes since this is all new.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts