Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for some advice. We have applied for a family sponsored 176 with online app lodged on 25 July 2009. I have today seen that new processing times have been issued and am alarmed to say the least!!! Have I understood it correctly??

When we applied we were told processing times were 12 months, my husband is on the GSM list - Management Consultant and not on any other higher priority list. Here is what I have read today:

"APPLICATIONS NOT ON CSL
If your nominated occupation is not on the Critical Skills List
(CSL) and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend
to apply for an offshore GSM visa later in 2009, it is unlikely
that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.
If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you applied
for an onshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an onshore GSM
visa later in 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised
before the end of 2011."

We are offshore, UK based - are we now looking at in excess of 3 years?

Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi,

Looking for some advice. We have applied for a family sponsored 176 with online app lodged on 25 July 2009. I have today seen that new processing times have been issued and am alarmed to say the least!!! Have I understood it correctly??

When we applied we were told processing times were 12 months, my husband is on the GSM list - Management Consultant and not on any other higher priority list. Here is what I have read today:

"APPLICATIONS NOT ON CSL
If your nominated occupation is not on the Critical Skills List
(CSL) and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend
to apply for an offshore GSM visa later in 2009, it is unlikely
that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.
If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you applied
for an onshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an onshore GSM
visa later in 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised
before the end of 2011."

We are offshore, UK based - are we now looking at in excess of 3 years?

Any advice welcome.
Based on the information provided, yes it could take that long to process. However, being State sponsored means that you are Priority 5 and not Priority 7. Some people state that it should only be 12-18 months, but there has been no real evidence from DIAC to support this.

We are in currently in the process of switching from 175 to 176, and still unsure how long things will take.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Based on the information provided, yes it could take that long to process. However, being State sponsored means that you are Priority 5 and not Priority 7. Some people state that it should only be 12-18 months, but there has been no real evidence from DIAC to support this.

We are in currently in the process of switching from 175 to 176, and still unsure how long things will take.
Hi,

Only the first 3 groups enjoy priority processing:

1. applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS
2. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is listed on the Critical Skills List (CSL)
3. applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL

Not sponsored or nominated CSL applications are unlikely to finalised before the end of 2011 (onshore) or the end of 2012 (offshore).

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those applicants belonging to CSL still get Priority,and will get processed within 12 months.

Applicants who are not in csl, cases may long to 2011 to 2012.

Reply from DIAC
Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL?
If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.

If World Economy recovers from Recession in a faster manner, I think this big delay will be removed.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those applicants belonging to CSL still get Priority,and will get processed within 12 months.

Applicants who are not in csl, cases may long to 2011 to 2012.

Reply from DIAC
Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL?
If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.

If World Economy recovers from Recession in a faster manner, I think this big delay will be removed.
(waiting till2012)

·
Registered
89 Posts
(waiting till2012)
Dear friends,
Dont worry anything becaz diac never keep its words.I can give lot of example for the past one year the diac give new invention statement in immi policy.So i just relax and waiting for another ridiculous announcement as soon...So wait until your visa comes.
Ritu

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hallo ritu 1234......

Your time line feels to me that we are almost in a same Boat.
Are we on the middle of sea or almost near to AU port
Please see my time line

.......................................................................................................................
My Time Line
Agent applied April 2007
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Pased January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Received File no: November 2008
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Waiting for Visa.???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts