Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This question must have been answered already. However, I need help to keep my mind at ease.

I would like to change my name on my current passport to my married name. My spouse visa is valid from 17 Aug 2013 and expires on 16 May 2016 which is in my maiden name.

I would like to avoid the cost of £661 and delay in receiving my passport back in time for my travel plans. I have an appointment with my embassy this Thursday.

My questions are:

1. Can I enter the UK with my new passport in my married name and old passport with the valid visa stamped and dated?
2. What documents should I carry with me as proof?
3.Has anyone done this recently and what are the implications?

Cheers in advance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Not open for further replies.