Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The occupational ceilings were announced yesterday and by god's grace the 2613xx count has been fortunately increased to 6212.

I hope the count for invitations will come down to 65 points sooner. I will be a 65 pointer on November 1st 2017. With the hope of getting an invite by March or April 2018 , can I do my medicals now ?

P.S: I am currently in India on vacation and the reason I ask is if I do medicals here its quite cheaper than abroad. My wife is also included in the application.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi All,

The occupational ceilings were announced yesterday and by god's grace the 2613xx count has been fortunately increased to 6212.

I hope the count for invitations will come down to 65 points sooner. I will be a 65 pointer on November 1st 2017. With the hope of getting an invite by March or April 2018 , can I do my medicals now ?

P.S: I am currently in India on vacation and the reason I ask is if I do medicals here its quite cheaper than abroad. My wife is also included in the application.
I suggest not to do it now, because there might be a chance that DIBP may ask you to do it again considering the dates you mentioned and your intention of saving money may go for a toss.

Just my guess...

Reactions: aburaheel

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest not to do it now, because there might be a chance that DIBP may ask you to do it again considering the dates you mentioned and your intention of saving money may go for a toss.

Just my guess...
Thanks for the info bud.

If I look at your signature looks like your score was 65 in November and you got invite in December. Hope I get it before April 2018.

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
24,137 Posts
Hi All,

I also would not recommend it
The chances of the medicals expiring before grant are very high

Cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
It is always advisable that you go for medicals only after you get invitation. Infact, I personally feel that one should go for medicals after visa lodge as this would give you ample time before IED. So in my opinion, I would suggest you to go for medicals post invitation only.

Hi All,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts