Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Angeles Hamburgers... Lol, but they're good! And open 24hrs. We had an Angeles for 3 years and then they went out of business a year before Covid but today I noticed on the same road a brand new Angles burger spot, had to order and sure enough it was good. It was buy one get one beef burger for 39 pesos.

Same issues that plague these tiny chained spots is that they were out of stock hotdogs and cheese and were nearly out of burger buns... so I got there just in time the placed was swamped also and only one lady frying the burgers.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really happy that Angeles finally returned because the previous Angelse resturant that went bankrupt was sucessful and always packed plus they had stools out front but this new Angeles doesn't have the stools.

The Minute burger that opened up here a year ago... I just? I couldnt' get into it but just to make sure I'll give them another try and compare burgers, I think the main difference seems to be the buns and the size of the meat patty.

·
Registered
349 Posts
"and the size of the meat patty"

Pretty generous calling it meat. lol Are you saying these are good hamburgers or good for the price. When I tell people in the US that Burger King is the best hamburger you can get in the Philippines they laugh. We have a "Franks" (chained as well) but I cannot swallow the hamburgers or hot dogs they sell.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"and the size of the meat patty"

Pretty generous calling it meat. lol Are you saying these are good hamburgers or good for the price. When I tell people in the US that Burger King is the best hamburger you can get in the Philippines they laugh. We have a "Franks" (chained as well) but I cannot swallow the hamburgers or hot dogs they sell.
I prefer Burger King any day and as the best-tasting burger but just an affordable "good for the price" local burger and freshly made would be that meat patty, it's more like a beefy meatloaf, I just got back and ordered 8 cheeseburgers for me, and the kids, I don't live close enough to our nearest Burger King it's a couple of cities over or it would be Burger King only.

This Angeles burger spot is always packed so a good sign that it tastes good, they have hot dogs and Hungarian sausage today also along with cheese, they were out yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get Burger King or Wendy's here in General Trias; Cavite

Chuck
I haven't had Wendys in over a decade and completely forgot about them. I really miss a mini-chain we had in Fargo North Dakota USA, unsure if they have these anywhere else in the US but it was a drive-up window trailer with seating outdoors called "Burger Time" and it was very good and very similar to Burger King only the burgers were a little larger and so were the condiments on the burger and once a week on sale for $1 USD, they were closed during the winter months because of the extreme cold weather and snow but open the other 3 seasons, here's a photo of the place, it was located next to one of the main roads and I lived just blocks away.

Cloud Sky Real estate Gas Advertising

·
Super Moderator
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW! I didn't know so many people ate hamburgers. hahahha I have not ate red meat in 40 years. I don't eat pork, bacon, hamburger or steak meat. I only eat chicken, fish or turkey.

art
We also mainly now eat fish, chicken but I sort of lost my taste for turkey.

I dropped the hot dogs, ham, corned beef, chips and cake's but occasionally we will have. I still buy lean hamburger for chili, chili macaroni, lazagnia, Italian spaghetti but I will brown it first and then after several hours in the crockpot I can remove oil floating on top.

·
Registered
811 Posts
hey mark

I make chili with ground turkey. I brown it in a skillet and then put it in a slow cooker with the chili and beans and seasoning. It is very good. Try it some time. You will need to moisten the turkey. It does get dry in the skillet. I use olive oil. the oil does a better job. The oil will retain the moisture in the turkey.

art

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
It's funny as I always purchased premium beef in Australia with minimal fat and no need to remove the little fat even when chilled. Here in PH. we buy minced steak and is the same as Australia, no or minimal fat and very tasty, unfortunately I can't but a decent steak in my area and I know others have advised where to get a decent piece of beef but I refuse to travel 3 or 4 hours to secure. Chicken, lean pork and seafood as well as the local minced beef.

art, not found fresh turkey where I live so far.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Steve

I found turkey when I stayed in makati. I forget the name of the store. Most places do not have turkey there. I had to ground it up myself. It was an imported store at the mall grocery store. I can't remember the store name. It was very expensive.

I guess Filipino people do not eat turkey when I was there about 10 years ago.

art

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I have seen frozen turkey legs from time to time but never a whole turkey let alone minced turkey nor even minced chicken but the minced steak is good, the joys of living in the provinces art.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Understand your choices art but I smoke like a burning tyre and drink like a fish so to find a decent supplier of rib eye, T bone or rump while might ad fuel to the fire at least I will die a happy man.
So far Burger King sell the best burgers even though others have canned them, suppose it comes back to management as I'm sure all the beef patties come from a central chain.

Cheers, Steve.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts