Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my hubby have registered on this forum for the first time today having taken the plunge in doing the on-line skilled visa assessment and being told that this was successful. Pretty premature maybe as my hubby not had call back from a migration consultant as yet but having done a fair bit of online research in where we want to go and looked at properties and job prospects for the both of us we have decided that Brisbane is where we would like to move to.

We have never visited Australia but would still like the opportunity of moving there. My husband is 43 and I am 47.

You will probably have guessed that my husband is a brickie. He is the skill in our application, me being more Admin experience/qualified.

I have read quite a lot of the postings and views/comments. They are all very informative and interesting and I think that it is going to be a very long wait to hear if we are going to be finally accepted (age may go against us!).

Fingers and everything else crossed lol :)

Denise and Scott

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Denise and Scott,

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for introducing yourselves. I think that some of the visas cut off age is 45 and with Scott as the main applicant that may mean that you'll be okay for age but you do have to get a move on. We were 38 when we applied and we had to get everything sorted by the time we were 40 otherwise we wouldn't have enough points for the skilled independent visa. That's why we used an agent and apart from it being a lengthy and stressful process (and me being impatient) we didn't have any problems.

Good luck and keep us up to date with how you are getting on.

And of course if you have any questions just ask on here....

Regards,
Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts