Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am a new member, i live in st laurent du var and been here since june 2011. previously lived in paris for 3 years. I am a brit cit but have no family or friends here. would like to meet fellow brits and also if there are english speaking doctors available i think i am suffering from depression due to my isolated lifestyle. would appreciate any help.

·
Administrator
49,442 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Not sure if we have anyone on the forum who is in your immediate area, but you might try contacting some of the various "newcomer" or "social" groups in your area. I usually recommend AVF - AVF - service au nouvel arrivant - Accueil - which is a newcomers group that includes both French people new to the area and foreigners of all nationalities.

Other members have had some great success meeting people through OnVaSortir, which is accessible online and has activities in specific languages, including English. I'll let some of the forum regulars give you more details on that group.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello Bev,

thankyou for your reply, i really look forward to perhaps meeting some fellow expats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.