Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband submitted his application to join me in the UK on August 19th. I may be offered a new job after discussion with an employer recently.

How will this affect the application? Will I need to submit any further information?
I will still be earning more than £18, 600.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
You should really stay in your current job until his visa is issued, to avoid any difficulties if, for example, UKBA contact your current employer to check things up.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know it would be better to remain in my current job but because it's agency I could be out of a job within a week. The role I'm considering is permanent, and after over a year of unemployment before my current job, I could do with a bit more financial security.

Would I have to contact the BHC?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Joppa

As I suspected, I have been informed that the person I was recruited as a temporary worker to job share with initially (then left to study) will be returning to work by mid october so my hours will be reduced to the part time wage I started out on. Since hearing this, I am now definitely going to accept the job offered to me as 1. I can't afford to be out of work when they finally let me go and 2. I will no longer meet the financial requirements if I stay anyway.

Surely the statement 'at the time of application' works in my favour also? My agency can verify that I was employed and earning £18,600+ on the 19th August and for the six months prior.

I can also provide my contract/offer letter stating my annual income.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
You presumably applied under Cat A. With your new job, provided you have actually earned £18,600 in the period 12 months prior, you can apply under Cat B.
Now that the application is in and you are still (just about) in the current job, there is nothing you can do. If you get your visa in the meantime, then all is well. So you should just sit tight. At the point of starting your new job and visa is still not issued, you should contact the visa station that is processing your partner's application and let them know.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. I am hoping to delay the start date as much as possible...
Category B - would an employment letter from new employer only suffice? Hopefully won't need to think about that, but just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.