Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Eric Chappell and I'm in Dubai for the summer with an internship. I'm 28, in grad school back in the US and looking to see more of the town. I've read through a few websites in my time here (and my earlier travels here) but am hoping that the community at Expatforum will be better in giving me some pointers.

1. I'm particularly interested in any athletic events- either watching or playing. I played tennis in college but am also and avid soccer/basketball/football/baseball, etc. fan looking to get active or go watch some sports at a bar with some fellow enthusiasts. Any suggestions on regular pick-up games or leagues to play in would be most welcome and I'd be very interested in watching NBA/MLB/NHL or the French Open with anyone else who would like to.

2. I'm staying near the Emaar Center. On that particular part of Sheikh Zayed road, most everything is fast food or kitchy restaurants. Any good, authentic (even cheap) eats in the area? Definitely not afraid to go for something a little weird.

3. Any upcoming events that I absolutely should not miss?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend a helping hand. Really just looking to meet some new people while I'm here and explore the city a bit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts