Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Experts,

under new rules, if I can obtain 160 points without counting any NZ experience/study or job offer points. Will I receive invitation for resident visa?

I read there that I will be differed to get Job Search visa. Is there any chance to be invited for resident visa or confirmed that it will be job search visa only.

Does it mean , first job search visa (12 months), then LTSSL (long term skill list) skilled work visa (30 months), then resident visa (2/3 years) and after that only I can apply Permanent resident?

Please help.

Refer to https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abo...tions/smc-and-essential-skills-policy-details
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abo...skills-policy-details/skilled-migrant-details

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Hi Experts,

under new rules, if I can obtain 160 points without counting any NZ experience/study or job offer points. Will I receive invitation for resident visa?

I read there that I will be differed to get Job Search visa. Is there any chance to be invited for resident visa or confirmed that it will be job search visa only.

Does it mean , first job search visa (12 months), then LTSSL (long term skill list) skilled work visa (30 months), then resident visa (2/3 years) and after that only I can apply Permanent resident?

Please help.

Refer to https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abo...tions/smc-and-essential-skills-policy-details
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abo...skills-policy-details/skilled-migrant-details
Hi,

Yes.
If you can score 160 points on the EOI and submit you are guaranteed it will be selected from the EOI pool. An applicant doesn't have to have any NZ experience or NZ study and doesn't necessarily have to have an NZ job offer.
If selected with the EOI will go through a preliminary checking phase and assuming what you are claiming is reasonable and you haven't missed out any qualification assessment etc then yes you should receive ITA for Resident Visa.

Being offered a job search visa (JSV) in lieu of RV is one of three possible outcomes for the Resident Visa via Skilled Migrant Category application and completely at the discretion of the Case Officer during the processing stage and after they have made a decision following your telephone immigration interview.
If the CO decides and feels that you may struggle to find a job and settle but feels there is a chance that you may do so they will offer JSV instead of the RV or a decline. This will allow the principal applicant ONLY to come to NZ for a 9 month period in order to get a written skilled job offer. If in that 9 months here you do get a written skilled job offer, you then use that job offer with your RV application that is on hold to then get Resident Visa and this also allows any partner or dependents on the application to also get RV.
It is not JSV then LTSSL work visa then RV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the detailed reply,

but if you look at this section on the same page, it looks like without NZ experience/offer, they will only give me job search visa????

Need to confirm before I start spending on skill assessments etc.

"Can my application under the SMC be approved if I do not have skilled employment in New Zealand?

To be approved residence, an applicant needs to have either skilled employment in New Zealand (or an offer of skilled employment), or a Master’s degree or Doctorate gained after two years of study in New Zealand.

If you are assessed as having sufficient points to meet the selection threshold, and you meet health, character and English language requirements, but do not have skilled employment in New Zealand (or a Master’s degree or Doctorate gained after two years of study in New Zealand), we will defer the decision on your application and invite you to apply for a job search visa. This job search visa will allow you to look for skilled employment in New Zealand. The decision on your residence application will be deferred while you look for skilled employment."

Hi,

Yes.
If you can score 160 points on the EOI and submit you are guaranteed it will be selected from the EOI pool. An applicant doesn't have to have any NZ experience or NZ study and doesn't necessarily have to have an NZ job offer.
If selected with the EOI will go through a preliminary checking phase and assuming what you are claiming is reasonable and you haven't missed out any qualification assessment etc then yes you should receive ITA for Resident Visa.

Being offered a job search visa (JSV) in lieu of RV is one of three possible outcomes for the Resident Visa via Skilled Migrant Category application and completely at the discretion of the Case Officer during the processing stage and after they have made a decision following your telephone immigration interview.
If the CO decides and feels that you may struggle to find a job and settle but feels there is a chance that you may do so they will offer JSV instead of the RV or a decline. This will allow the principal applicant ONLY to come to NZ for a 9 month period in order to get a written skilled job offer. If in that 9 months here you do get a written skilled job offer, you then use that job offer with your RV application that is on hold to then get Resident Visa and this also allows any partner or dependents on the application to also get RV.
It is not JSV then LTSSL work visa then RV.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Yes that statement certainly makes it clear that without NZ work experience, NZ study or an NZ job offer you will only be able to get a job search visa. I don't think this is a new rule that has just come in with the recent changes but it appears you will not be able to gain RV in your case.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that statement certainly makes it clear that without NZ work experience, NZ study or an NZ job offer you will only be able to get a job search visa. I don't think this is a new rule that has just come in with the recent changes but it appears you will not be able to gain RV in your case.
Yes. this is under new rule which just came in yesterday and starting from 28 August my dear!:help::help::help:

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Yes. this is under new rule which just came in yesterday and starting from 28 August my dear!:help::help::help:
Ah! Haven't read through the changes as yet.
Immigration did say they were streamlining the points system to target more mature and experienced individuals.
Nothing you can do if that is the new rule. If you want to continue you'll just have to be happy with JSV in the interim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not getting points for Partner's Recognised Qualification not getting counted

Hi,
My partner have NZQA assessment and got level 9 but while filling EOI, 20 points are not reflacting agter filling this perticuler page. I already mentioned my wife Ielts score as well. Kindly advise.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Hi,
My partner have NZQA assessment and got level 9 but while filling EOI, 20 points are not reflacting agter filling this perticuler page. I already mentioned my wife Ielts score as well. Kindly advise.

Thank you!
....and what IELTS score are you entering ?

Have you made absolutely sure you are filling it in correctly ? No stray characters or spaces ?

have you tried to save it then try again using a different internet browser ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for your reply first.
My partner needs only 5 band so she got 5 last time. do i need to put 5.0 or 5 only?
one more thing, i yet not attempted my ielts exam, do i need to score 6.5 before i submit EOI ?

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for your reply first.
My partner needs only 5 band so she got 5 last time. do i need to put 5.0 or 5 only?
one more thing, i yet not attempted my ielts exam, do i need to score 6.5 before i submit EOI ?
A partner needs to score the SAME minimum level as that of a principal applicant if you intend to claim partner points on the EOI. That minimum score is 6.5 so entering what you are entering won't give you the points as your partner does not meet the English Language Requirement so she doesn't get any points.

At the moment you submit EOI you are making a declaration that you can claim all those points and meet all of the requirements. You CANNOT claim points or claim you meet a requirement retrospectively. You cannot claim you meet the English Language Requirement if you don't have a certificate from IELTS that says minimum 6.5 overall so yes you must do the test and pass to submit EOI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your valuable comments.
I will go for ielts first before submitting EOI. just want to show you that what they mentioned in online form :-

An acceptable English language test result with the required score (IELTS test report with an overall band score of 5.0 or more, TOEFL iBT overall score of 35 or more, PTE Academic overall score of 36 or more, Cambridge English: First or Cambridge English First for Schools overall score of 154 or more, Occupational English Test Grade C or higher in all four skills (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking))

this is for partner. they didn't mention for 6.5. please advise.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Thanks for your valuable comments.
I will go for ielts first before submitting EOI. just want to show you that what they mentioned in online form :-

An acceptable English language test result with the required score (IELTS test report with an overall band score of 5.0 or more, TOEFL iBT overall score of 35 or more, PTE Academic overall score of 36 or more, Cambridge English: First or Cambridge English First for Schools overall score of 154 or more, Occupational English Test Grade C or higher in all four skills (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking))

this is for partner. they didn't mention for 6.5. please advise.
That maybe for a partner where you are NOT also claiming partner points.
If you wish to claim partner points then they MUST meet the same English Language Requirement as if they were a Principal Applicant.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/formshelp/skilled-migrant/your-partners-english-language-ability

To prove it, try the EOI again but putting 6.5 in the partners IELTS box to see that the score then goes to 20.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Tried to put 6.5 for both but result is same, even tried 3 different browser :(
not sure what to do now.
At the moment she doesn't meet the English language requirement for partner points so doesn't matter what you do as she cannot score any points.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
I said, even after putting 6.5 ielts score for partner, it is not counting 20 points.
....which doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. Even though the online EOI form doesn't appear to be working for you, your partner isn't eligible for partner points AND you don't even meet the basic requirements since you have yet to take IELTS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your advise. one more thing to clear, I did my qualification assessment from NZQA in june 2015, how long it will be valid ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys & Ladies

I want to know as my skill migrant application is in process and at the time of lodging application my partner IELTS score was 4.5 now recently she got 5 band. Can I send new IELTS certificate to immigration officer so he can consider partner English evidence as still my application in process.

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Guys & Ladies

I want to know as my skill migrant application is in process and at the time of lodging application my partner IELTS score was 4.5 now recently she got 5 band. Can I send new IELTS certificate to immigration officer so he can consider partner English evidence as still my application in process.

Thanks
Yes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts