Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
What is an LO ?

I am thinking maybe it means little one ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi every one! im new here )) i also wonna make some friends! i am a home staying mom with two girls 2,5 y.o. and 10 months... )))
bored to death without friends ))

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Whitedove, have not heard from you today, did u read my pm to you? hope it helped.
Hello Udifi, Welcome to forum. So you in Sharjah? How long you in UAE? Im 8 years, live in Dubai, have a daughter, 4y.o.

·
Registered
12 Posts
im here since 1992 i used to study at school here but then in 2000 traveled to Russia to university and when i came back in 2006 all friends scattered around the world (((

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Whitedove,

I also have a 3 yr old son, and I haven't met many people here yet. Looking to meet people, where abouts do you live? Maybe we could get together sometime with the kids, what state are you from?

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Oh no, most deffinatly not.

All my women friend from back home do not seem to have time for 'me' hobbies anymore... Everyone is raising kids. But I have never had too many women friends in general. I have specific hobbies that are mostly men orientated. I like golfing, motorcycles-not on the back, and reefing (marine tanks - its an addiction) and picking up scuba diving (snorkeling is good too :) LOL). My 'women' friendly hobby from back home that I do pick up a few female friends from is dog rescue - specifically saint bernards.

I am always hopeful... Its always fun to find other women who do the stuff one enjoys. My off days are Sun, Mon, And Tues so someone with kids who go to school and they don't work could sneak away while their kids are at school :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like golfing, motorcycles-not on the back, and reefing (marine tanks - its an addiction) and picking up scuba diving (snorkeling is good too :) LOL).
wow that's so nice!! i had a motorbike back in Russia but was never enough strong to learn to ride it (( didn't have much time too )) my husband is really good at it though! he promised to teach me once the kids will grow a little ))

tell me is it hard for a women to learn?

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
wow that's so nice!! i had a motorbike back in Russia but was never enough strong to learn to ride it (( didn't have much time too )) my husband is really good at it though! he promised to teach me once the kids will grow a little ))

tell me is it hard for a women to learn?
Why would anything be any harder for a woman to learn than for a man?? :confused2:

-

·
Banned
598 Posts
Why would anything be any harder for a woman to learn than for a man?? :confused2:

-
I guess when you get told enough that you cant do somthing because you are a women you tend to start believing it. Thats sad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well not really )) i was only encouraged by everyone but found it fisicaly hard as i was not strong enough to even hold the bike ))

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Many a women thinks she isnt able to do alot of things. :( It is a sad state of affairs. Holding the bike? Its not much different then a bicycle that its mainly just balancing.

My normal daily bike of the past 8 years is an R6 that weighs 330lbs, ?? in kg and I am feeling lazy and dont want to go convert. I am not a tiny girl but would imagine most anyone can pick it up when its over. Its been over a few times :)

·
Banned
598 Posts
Many a women thinks she isnt able to do alot of things. :( It is a sad state of affairs. Holding the bike? Its not much different then a bicycle that its mainly just balancing.

My normal daily bike of the past 8 years is an R6 that weighs 330lbs, ?? in kg and I am feeling lazy and dont want to go convert. I am not a tiny girl but would imagine most anyone can pick it up when its over. Its been over a few times :)
Maybe the bike should couldnt handle was a Harley Fat Boy. That would be a hell of a bike for a women to lift...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.