Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
Hoping to find some option for my situation from 1st July 2012.

I have been here in Australia since April 2010 that is more than 2 years with 457 visa.
I have changed 2 companies in this 2 years and my current employer is just been transferred my 457 visa

With the below reforms from 1st July 2012, will I be eligible to apply for any ENS streams immediately without waiting 2 years with the same employer?

The new visa will be the Employer Nomination (Class EN) Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). Within the new subclass there will be three 'streams'.

The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for Subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for their employer for two years and the employer wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.

The Direct Entry stream is for applicants who are 'untested' in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 for the last two years or are applying directly from overseas.

The Agreement stream is for applicants who are being sponsored by an employer through a highly scrutinised and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.

Cheers
Reddy:confused2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im on the same situation as yours....except - am 24 months working in Aussie and 1 year with current/sponsoring employer. With that am eligible to go for ENS before 1 July.

As you aware - there 3 route to go for ENS currently (before 1 July)

1. 24 months working in Australia and 12 months with sponsoring company OR
2. Obtain a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing plus evidence they have at least three years of relevant work experience OR
3. Be offered a base salary in excess of A$250,000 per annum

You still have option 2 & 3 currently.

If anything happen after 1 July - we caught in the new clause that stipulates "two years of sponsorship and employment with their subclass 457 sponsor/employer"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same situation.
My Employer is able to lodge the visa before 1st July 2012 but I have to wait for some more documents which means after July. I was told that if my employer nominates me before changes, the rest of application will continue with the previous rules, even if I lodge mine after 1st of July.
Does anybody know anything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.