Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

due to get married in august this year and submit application after...

what exactly will I need to submit in Pakistan at visa centre and what exactly would i need to submit to Sheffield?

Appreciate help!!

Sarfraz

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What it means is your passport will be retained by the British High Commission in Islamabad, while you or your sponsor sends your supporting documents to Sheffield, and application is transmitted electronically. Once your application is approved, they send electronic notification to Islamabad so that vignette can be attached to your passport and returned via VAC, while original documents are returned to your UK sponsor.

·
Registered
532 Posts
does the application in pakistan get stamped or anything ? instead of sending the documents at the time of application all supporting documents that i need from my spouse will be sent over so can i print the application form? when you do biometrics does the applicant get a confirmination which they need to send over?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
We don't know yet. Wait until someone reports a real-life experience from 6th July. Where a similar system has been in existence, such as for US applicants, they get their biometric appointment sheet stamped when they go for biometrics, which is then included in the supporting documents they send over to Sheffield.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi I called up UKVI regarding the changes taking place as of Monday, all paperwork should be submitted to Sheffield via post.

I wanted to know if this would include the spouse paperwork e.g tb certificate. If that was the case spouses from Pak would have to send all infor to the UK sponser.

I was told that basically I submit my paperwork here in the UK & my spouse has to submit his information or paperwork in Pakistan.

I wanted to clarify this as the on the website https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan. All paperwork has to submitted in the UK, but it does not really make clear about spouses paperwork.

But I'm still getting people telling me all paperwork has to be submitted here in UK.. So im still confused :(

Has anyone else contacted them regarding this?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Paperwork can be sent from either Pakistan or UK, but I don't know if they accept parcels from both countries for the same application. In other countries, they don't - just one parcel of documents per application, but it's something to clarify from tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.