Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some info on registering a childcare business in Ibiza (i.e. Registering the name, tax. insurance etc). I currently live in San An bay. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone knows if i need a gestor and if their are any start up grants available?

Thanks

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for some info on registering a childcare business in Ibiza (i.e. Registering the name, tax. insurance etc). I currently live in San An bay. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone knows if i need a gestor and if their are any start up grants available?

Thanks
You will need a gestor and you may need to talk to the local Ayuntamiento to find out what other requirements you'll need. Spain is in a financial crisis, so I doubt there would be any start up grants???

Jo xxx

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Almost certainly no grants available. You will need approval and a licence from the Town Hall and there in may be the problem for you. In many areas, and I don't know about yours, Town Halls favour Spaniards for new business startups and so you may find that the main hurdle to overcome. Not impossible by any means but I'll bet it's where you have trouble. Try to find a gestor who is a friend of someone important in the Town Hall and that will help.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi, I've recently made enquiries re set up grants and there is any available as yet this year, if they were to become available u might not get the money for another 2 years or more!! I lived in Ibiza for 26 years and moved to Mainland 4 years ago, I love Ibiza but like every where in Spain it's suffering . Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Having done your homework/costings/projections, is there a call for this type of business? Are there enough punters with the money to use it?

Don't know about Spain but the regulations for a child care / day nursery in the UK are an absolute nightmare, H&S, staff qualifications, ongoing training, staff to child ratio dependant on age et al.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi, well yes there is lots of paperwork & licenses required! Even the Spanish have nightmares with this! for one I know the size of rooms per ratio per number of kids and it gets more complicated!
Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.