Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a very god news today we just received our IRL and the biometrics for me and my family. but I need your help with something please.

I have submitted my IRL form on 21/02/2017 and during that time I was pregnant.

Today which is 04/08/2017 received IRL, I gave birth on 24/07 and my new born baby girl is not registered yet as I was without any papers and waiting for my docs back

My question is,
does my baby considered born in UK for parents with indefinite leave
so then by law we can claim a citizenship for the baby instead of indefinite leave. I was checking gov.uk and come out with this information

appreciated your advise due to the dates mentioned in my story

thanks in advance

Yosha :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that if my child is automatically considered British citizen which
form do I have to use: MN1 OR MN4 ??

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As your child was born before you obtained your ILR, she isn't automatically British and you need to register her as British citizen under Section 1(3) of British Nationality Act 1982.
'Section 1(3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK will have an entitlement to register when one of their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.'
You need to complete form MN1 and pay a fee of £973. Pity, as it was a matter of just 11 days or so. Your ILR only takes effect from the date of issue, and not backdated to when you applied for ILR: 'A child born in the UK to parents one or both of whom are British citizens, or are settled in the UK at the time the child is born, or members of the UK armed forces is automatically a British citizen otherwise than by descent and does not need to be registered.'

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh what a bad luck! 11 days ugggghhhh :mad:

Thank you very much Joppa for your details and information!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.