Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
This is interesting and, in one sense, good. However, there is an issue that has come to my knowledge from a friend that is going through Permanent Residency proceedings. After completing all of the required documents on all legal application forms published by the BI, they gave him a small slip of paper and it is a request that since he has not been here more than six months, he is required to contact the Local Police Department of his former residence in the USA and request that they send a document that will prove that he has no criminal record, has never committed a felony. His contact with that local police department has declined to do this. Now the BI is wanting him to personally go to the Philippine BI in Washington, DC to obtain this document. My friend does not have the funds to do this, not even the funds for round trip flight. This is now a new requirement by the BI and was not in effect when I did ACR 4 years ago. Would like to hear a response on this. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
"Bureau of Immigration (B.I.) field offices nationwide are now authorized to accept and process immigrant and non-immigrant visas" per announcement in Manila Bulletin, 9/12/13.

BI Directive.jpg
Overmyer, appreciate the update, the immigrant visas is a thread I'm interested in and glad they will be available outside of Manila from now on.

[Jim, suggestion for your friend? Try the neighboring town. Rules seem to get selectively enforced, doors might be open by trying another venue?]

Overmyer, just an FYI, clicked on the link and got two involuntary connection attempts, 1st from advertistial.com, 2nd one mostly minor and expected since it was the host of the original story but from mediafire.com due to the JPG image. Just a heads up to folks clicking on that link, the sponsors want a link to your home computer 2x with one click on this one :) .

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overmyer, appreciate the update, the immigrant visas is a thread I'm interested in and glad they will be available outside of Manila from now on.

[Jim, suggestion for your friend? Try the neighboring town. Rules seem to get selectively enforced, doors might be open by trying another venue?]

Overmyer, just an FYI, clicked on the link and got two involuntary connection attempts, 1st from advertistial.com, 2nd one mostly minor and expected since it was the host of the original story but from mediafire.com due to the JPG image. Just a heads up to folks clicking on that link, the sponsors want a link to your home computer 2x with one click on this one :) .
Thnks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts