Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just joined the Cyprus forum. Within the next 7 x months I will be visiting with a view to looking for property as a retirement destination. Interested in any advice/experiences. I am not necessarily seeking beach or holiday areas. Are there any good country village areas to consider in the South (EU) part of the island?
Any input appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.
There are some very nice inland villages in the Paphos area.
Tsada is becoming quite popular with expats due to its elevated position which makes it less hot and humid in the summer.
Konia is close to town and the general hospital but again a little higher in altitude that makes it less hot in the summer months. (We live in Konia)
Mesa Chorio and Mesogi are also well placed for town but a little higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Veronica,
Thank you for the welcome.
Your views on villages are appreciated. I suspect these are the kind of locations we will be looking to when we visit in March. As much for the "Cyprus" experience as the weather benefits. We are not keen to be living in the heart of the holiday areas although we appreciate these add to the colour and of course, the economy of the island.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Tsada village in particular is very welcoming to newcomers as they realise that without them the villages could die as younger Cypriots are moving into town and don't want to be involved with the traditional farming of family land etc.
I think many of the outlying villages are the same, in fact often it is easier to be accepted as newcomers in the villages than in the towns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts