Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had applied for vetassess through an agent and I got negative unfortunately. My agent says that chances for a positive on a re-assessment is very less with my current profile.

my question is,

A: Is it possible to submit a new application for the same nominated occupation. with new and revised reference letter ?

B: The agent refused to share my file number since I am planning to process my new application through a different agent. so my vetassess login id will be completely a new one. will that be a problem for me ? what should i do now.. please help me.....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

I had applied for vetassess through an agent and I got negative unfortunately. My agent says that chances for a positive on a re-assessment is very less with my current profile.

my question is,

A: Is it possible to submit a new application for the same nominated occupation. with new and revised reference letter ?

B: The agent refused to share my file number since I am planning to process my new application through a different agent. so my vetassess login id will be completely a new one. will that be a problem for me ? what should i do now.. please help me.....

Why was it refused in the first place?

You can submit a new application with new documents; however, share the details about your rejection first and someone may advise how to proceed ahead.

You will have the Reference number of your application? Call VETASSESS quoting the reference number and ask them to reset your login details.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why was it refused in the first place?

You can submit a new application with new documents; however, share the details about your rejection first and someone may advise how to proceed ahead.

You will have the Reference number of your application? Call VETASSESS quoting the reference number and ask them to reset your login details.

I am a graphic designer cum 3d visualizer. I applied for graphic designer occupation. I got positive for my education but they gave me a negative for my employment saying that I am only a 3d visualizer. even though, they knew that i work as a graphic designing cum 3d visualizer (both) in my current organization. I don't understand why they did that. So i decided to request for a review.

I Contacted Vetassess for a re-assessment, through E-mail . At first they refused to give me any information regarding my case since the contact details on my application was my agents contact details and not mine, However they instructed me on how to reset my login and update the contact information by signing SRG06 application. (after going through all that ) Now I have the login ID and updated my contact info.

I sent another mail to Vetassess, to discuss the outcome, yet they refused saying that they can't give me a pre-assessment advice. Instead they just guided me on how to apply for a re assessment, I don't find that very useful since the procedure for a re assessment is already present in their website and I have read it like thousand times already. The assessment officer just pasted the same info from their web page.

any suggestion. what should i do differently this time ? should i Email Vetassess again ? or just edit my resume and reference letter by stating only graphic design and completely avoid mentioning about 3d visualization ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am a graphic designer cum 3d visualizer. I applied for graphic designer occupation. I got positive for my education but they gave me a negative for my employment saying that I am only a 3d visualizer. even though, they knew that i work as a graphic designing cum 3d visualizer (both) in my current organization. I don't understand why they did that. So i decided to request for a review.

I Contacted Vetassess for a re-assessment, through E-mail . At first they refused to give me any information regarding my case since the contact details on my application was my agents contact details and not mine, However they instructed me on how to reset my login and update the contact information by signing SRG06 application. (after going through all that ) Now I have the login ID and updated my contact info.

I sent another mail to Vetassess, to discuss the outcome, yet they refused saying that they can't give me a pre-assessment advice. Instead they just guided me on how to apply for a re assessment, I don't find that very useful since the procedure for a re assessment is already present in their website and I have read it like thousand times already. The assessment officer just pasted the same info from their web page.

any suggestion. what should i do differently this time ? should i Email Vetassess again ? or just edit my resume and reference letter by stating only graphic design and completely avoid mentioning about 3d visualization ?
There are several reasons why they didn't consider your employment. Maybe the tasks you provided in the application and on your resume didn't match that of a graphic designer; or the statement of service from your employer didn't highlight the same; or your role as a graphic designer wasn't justified when VETASSESS contacted your employer for any kind of verification.

You can ask VETASSESS to provide the contact details of the Case Office who handled your application. Then discuss your outcome in detail with him. They should provide his email address to you; or must forward your call to him. No point in discussing anything about reassessment at this point. Just ask him WHY was your employment not considered.

Since VETASSESS states that there are a couple of occupations similar to yours (232411), like 232412 232414, etc; it is your responsibility to identify an occupation which most closely matches your occupation. Having said so, you can discuss this in detail with your case officer. What specific tasks was he looking for in 232411, which you couldn't fulfill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are several reasons why they didn't consider your employment. Maybe the tasks you provided in the application and on your resume didn't match that of a graphic designer; or the statement of service from your employer didn't highlight the same; or your role as a graphic designer wasn't justified when VETASSESS contacted your employer for any kind of verification.

You can ask VETASSESS to provide the contact details of the Case Office who handled your application. Then discuss your outcome in detail with him. They should provide his email address to you; or must forward your call to him. No point in discussing anything about reassessment at this point. Just ask him WHY was your employment not considered.

Since VETASSESS states that there are a couple of occupations similar to yours (232411), like 232412 232414, etc; it is your responsibility to identify an occupation which most closely matches your occupation. Having said so, you can discuss this in detail with your case officer. What specific tasks was he looking for in 232411, which you couldn't fulfill.
I got the contact details of my assessment office. I have sent another Email explaining my current job responsibilities and tasks that i carry out in my organization. I requested him to help me identify the missing piece of the puzzle. Hopefully he shall reply back with some kind of good information that will help me decide if I should apply for a re-assessment or not.

Are you aware of any candidate who faced similar situation as mine and got positive after being issued a negative ?

Thank you for your advice and support.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I got the contact details of my assessment office. I have sent another Email explaining my current job responsibilities and tasks that i carry out in my organization. I requested him to help me identify the missing piece of the puzzle. Hopefully he shall reply back with some kind of good information that will help me decide if I should apply for a re-assessment or not.

Are you aware of any candidate who faced similar situation as mine and got positive after being issued a negative ?

Thank you for your advice and support.
Well, I am one such candidate.

Initially applied for University Tutor (242112) and got a negative outcome. I contacted them and discussed about my case with them for about 2 weeks. They said I didn't fulfill 1 critical task. So, I planned to apply for University Lecturer (242111) which I cross-checked with VETASSESS and DIBP as the closest occupation to my qualification and experience.

However, just a couple of days before I was planning to submit a reassessment, DIBP removed 242111 from the occupation list. Saved by the bell I guess.

Finally changed the occupation to Agricultural Scientist (234112) and got a positive outcome within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I am one such candidate.

Initially applied for University Tutor (242112) and got a negative outcome. I contacted them and discussed about my case with them for about 2 weeks. They said I didn't fulfill 1 critical task. So, I planned to apply for University Lecturer (242111) which I cross-checked with VETASSESS and DIBP as the closest occupation to my qualification and experience.

However, just a couple of days before I was planning to submit a reassessment, DIBP removed 242111 from the occupation list. Saved by the bell I guess.

Finally changed the occupation to Agricultural Scientist (234112) and got a positive outcome within 2 weeks.
That sounds interesting.. according to your information I assume that I can change my nominated occupation if necessary.

Tell me something. On my experience letter, it is mentioned graphic designer cum 2d & 3d Visualizer as the job title. My question is if I request my employer to change the job title by just keeping graphic designer only, since 3d visualization is a negligible part of my job. Will that be fine or would it not create some kind of suspicion to vetassess during the reassessment process.

In your case, Did you submit a new application or just opted for a change of occupation. What kind of evidence did you produce to Vetassess in order to prove your employment ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
That sounds interesting.. according to your information I assume that I can change my nominated occupation if necessary.

Tell me something. On my experience letter, it is mentioned graphic designer cum 2d & 3d Visualizer as the job title. My question is if I request my employer to change the job title by just keeping graphic designer only, since 3d visualization is a negligible part of my job. Will that be fine or would it not create some kind of suspicion to vetassess during the reassessment process.

In your case, Did you submit a new application or just opted for a change of occupation. What kind of evidence did you produce to Vetassess in order to prove your employment ?

I would advise against changing the job title now; it should be the same as mentione on all documents like offer letter/contract letter etc. Instead ask him to elaborate tasks related to the occupation you plan to nominate for the reassessment.

I applied for a reassessment for changing the occupation. Had uploaded employer's statements, offer letters, payslips, payment summaries, bank statements (for employments where payslips were not available), full CV.

During reassessment I uploaded an updated my CV adding new tasks more relevant to the new occupation. And got a new employer's statement mentioning these added tasks. Rest documents were the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Hi

Any change to title and duties will meet with suspicion - new reference needs to elaborate on the previous reference - maybe quantify the number of hours performing pure Graphic design tasks versus 3D visualisation tasks -if you can show at least 20 hours per week spend on the GD tasks/duties, then they could approve.

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would advise against changing the job title now; it should be the same as mentione on all documents like offer letter/contract letter etc. Instead ask him to elaborate tasks related to the occupation you plan to nominate for the reassessment.

I applied for a reassessment for changing the occupation. Had uploaded employer's statements, offer letters, payslips, payment summaries, bank statements (for employments where payslips were not available), full CV.

During reassessment I uploaded an updated my CV adding new tasks more relevant to the new occupation. And got a new employer's statement mentioning these added tasks. Rest documents were the same.

If I understand correctly, I cannot change my job title now, However i can ask my manager to make a new reference letter elaborating my tasks focusing more on GD than 3D & update my CV according to the new reference letter.

Necessary documents required for reassessment will be:

A. New updated and elaborate version of the old reference letter with additional tasks related to GD.
B. Updated CV as per the new reference letter.
C. Rest all Documents remains the same as before. (eg: bank statement, etc )

Question : Is it okay to add some of my project details on the new reference letter or just keeping it on the CV is fine or should I add it on both, what do you think is better ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

Any change to title and duties will meet with suspicion - new reference needs to elaborate on the previous reference - maybe quantify the number of hours performing pure Graphic design tasks versus 3D visualisation tasks -if you can show at least 20 hours per week spend on the GD tasks/duties, then they could approve.

Regards

Tony
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your invaluable piece of information.

I work 45 hours per week. Out of that more than 80% of the time I perform tasks related to GD. So it's like 36+ hours of GD rest is 3D. I guess I still have a chance. Only trouble is to prove that somehow to the assessment officer. I hope they get convinced.

Will there be a verification by Phone for reassessment ? so that my manager can explain it to the assessment officer because last time the verification happened through an Email. I suspect even that is one of the reasons why I got a negative.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If I understand correctly, I cannot change my job title now, However i can ask my manager to make a new reference letter elaborating my tasks focusing more on GD than 3D & update my CV according to the new reference letter.

Necessary documents required for reassessment will be:

A. New updated and elaborate version of the old reference letter with additional tasks related to GD.

B. Updated CV as per the new reference letter.

C. Rest all Documents remains the same as before. (eg: bank statement, etc )

Question : Is it okay to add some of my project details on the new reference letter or just keeping it on the CV is fine or should I add it on both, what do you think is better ?

Yes get your manager to give you an updated letter mentioning the tasks for the new occupation. Yes you can fet the project details on the letter as well as mention em in the CV.

And as Tony suggested split your weekly work hours as pers your tasks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your invaluable piece of information.

I work 45 hours per week. Out of that more than 80% of the time I perform tasks related to GD. So it's like 36+ hours of GD rest is 3D. I guess I still have a chance. Only trouble is to prove that somehow to the assessment officer. I hope they get convinced.

Will there be a verification by Phone for reassessment ? so that my manager can explain it to the assessment officer because last time the verification happened through an Email. I suspect even that is one of the reasons why I got a negative.

Cant say anything about it. They may or may not verify. Its entirely at their discretion. If you suspect your manager's response as the reason for the negative assessment. Maybey get the letter from someone else? Maybe from HR or another senior position?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cant say anything about it. They may or may not verify. Its entirely at their discretion. If you suspect your manager's response as the reason for the negative assessment. Maybey get the letter from someone else? Maybe from HR or another senior position?

Ive made up my mind. currently working on my new reference letter and updating my CV. Planning to submit a re-assessment application. I really hope i get positive this time. pray for me guys.

thank you for all your support. I'll soon post the result. may god help me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I highly recommend reaching out and showing your new reference letter to a qualified immigration lawyer or agent. And do your research before choosing one. I was in a similar situation and I was advised to ditch my agent and find a lawyer who knew exactly what he was talking about and wouldn't tell me only what I wanted to hear. I'm not making any commission or fees by recommending someone, but if you're interested I would be happy to give his reference.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ive made up my mind. currently working on my new reference letter and updating my CV. Planning to submit a re-assessment application. I really hope i get positive this time. pray for me guys.

thank you for all your support. I'll soon post the result. may god help me.
All the best, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
577 Posts
And yes, as suggested by Sd1982, getting professional help wont hurt at all.

Reactions: Su_Shri

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I highly recommend reaching out and showing your new reference letter to a qualified immigration lawyer or agent. And do your research before choosing one. I was in a similar situation and I was advised to ditch my agent and find a lawyer who knew exactly what he was talking about and wouldn't tell me only what I wanted to hear. I'm not making any commission or fees by recommending someone, but if you're interested I would be happy to give his reference.
I think what you did is the right thing to do. Same here, my agent tried to screw up my situation real bad, I had to ditch him. I really appreciate your support. Now how can i contact this lawyer you're talking about. Is he/she a mara agent or what ? thank you in advance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts