Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could clarify the verbiage from the guideline document from ACS.

"Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Major
 If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10 years or 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.
 If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is NOT closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history to meet the suitability criteria."

Does this mean that I can submit experience letters from OVER 10 YEARS ago so that the 4 year requirement gets fulfilled? I got my Master's 19 years ago and I have been working in my field since then.

Please elaborate your answer.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Manish

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarification

Looks so.

Am I right to think that you want to get points for past 10 years?

Not quite. I do not want to use work experience from OVER 10 years ago towards the POINTS, but I was wondering about the following:

They mention in the paragraphs that they would use 2 years of experience out of my 10 years of experience towards the ICT degree, OR that 4 years of my ANYTIME work-experience (EVEN if that experience is from OVER 10 YEARS AGO) can be used INSTEAD OF 2 years from last 10 years towards ICT degree valuation.

Am I correct here? Then, my beyond 10 years ago experience would go towards ICT degree and ALL MY recent 10 years experience would go towards DIAC points. SO, I would get full 15 points for my overseas work experience.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Am I correct here? Then, my beyond 10 years ago experience would go towards ICT degree and ALL MY recent 10 years experience would go towards DIAC points. SO, I would get full 15 points for my overseas work experience.
I interpret it the same way you do, so I think you are correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts