Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We will be moving to Sydney on 189 visa pretty soon, and wonder how does it work with vaccination. our baby have had all required vaccinations here in Sweden but I can see in Australia they have a much longer list of required ones .

could it be as simple as showing up / booking time with some family-care clinic and show them what vaccinations he already had and how to proceed further? Is there something we can do in advance?

Thanks for any replies or links to useful information.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello,

We will be moving to Sydney on 189 visa pretty soon, and wonder how does it work with vaccination. our baby have had all required vaccinations here in Sweden but I can see in Australia they have a much longer list of required ones .

could it be as simple as showing up / booking time with some family-care clinic and show them what vaccinations he already had and how to proceed further? Is there something we can do in advance?

Thanks for any replies or links to useful information.
Hi Swede

we are from Germany and have lived in Sydney 2011 to 2014 on a 457 (and are moving back on a 189 very soon :)). Two of our kids had all typical German vaccination and any additional one done in Australia without any problems. Yes, it should be as easy as making an appointment and just getting it done. However, the standard in AUS is very similar to Germany hence I believe should be similar to Sweden too.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts