Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to discuss here but if anyone might be able to help me with the topic could they PM me, I am having some weird problems

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, but does Netflix work in the UAE? Last I heard it was blocked...but that was maybe a year ago. I'm not there, but looking to move in the fall and LOOVE Netflix!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I had Netflix ... Virginia, Paula and Nancy usually hangs out with me... but the video is kinda choppy ...

I'd like to know what the other ways as well ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know how you feel. We love netflix too in the UK although its still new here and the library isn't as large. Not sure how I will survive if there was no Netflix and obviously no Blockbusters....

btw we have a good DVD/Blue-ray library that's definitely coming with us in our container. Is it likely that customs will confiscate them? for e.g. my 18 rated lock, stock and two smoking barrels movie :)

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Is it likely that customs will confiscate them? for e.g. my 18 rated lock, stock and two smoking barrels movie :)
For every "I don't know why people are fretting, brought everything in no problems" there is a "Can you believe they even took Dirty Dancing because of the title?".

In summary, it's a bit of a lottery.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had now problems bringing my collection in and I get my films delivered from amazon no problems. However as people say it can be pot luck at times

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't want to discuss here but if anyone might be able to help me with the topic could they PM me, I am having some weird problems

Cheers
Sent u and IM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had now problems bringing my collection in and I get my films delivered from amazon no problems. However as people say it can be pot luck at times
True :) I got everything thru just fine but then I'm into LOTR kind of movies :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
For every "I don't know why people are fretting, brought everything in no problems" there is a "Can you believe they even took Dirty Dancing because of the title?".

In summary, it's a bit of a lottery.
Did you bring original cases? I packed all my movies in a DVD holder case and they didn't even bother to open it. Maybe it was just luck :clap2:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Did you bring original cases?
All my films are on a hard disk ;)

I'm just relaying experiences of friends, pub talk etc. Everyone imagines the censorship department here to be wisened Mullah's with big long beards making considered judgements on everything put before them.

The reality is they're the usual underpaid subcontinent workers, who have little training but are out on their ear if they were ever to mess up. Hence the inconsistencies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had a relocation agent come around us to survey & quote. He said we definitely need to throw out any thing non Islamic i.e. passion of the Christ DVD. They would like boxes marked clearly for DVDs and books.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.